• lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Looking to join.
    Any openings or still a waiting list?
    Thanks
    Will not know till august.

We have until Jul 31st for members to turn in their membership renewal. After that.. We will know how many open spaces.

Send your app now. I know there is waiting list but don't know how long.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Looking to join.
    Any openings or still a waiting list?
    Thanks

Our waiting list is currently 140+. Membership is capped at 700 Regular (voting) members, plus their spouses (Associate-members), and kids (Dependent-members). Attrition ranges from ~7 - 18% per year, with the average being around ~12%. Membership-year ends at midnight on 31 July.

Thus, if you put-in an application right now, you might get lucky and squeak in around early August 2016. Most likely you will have to wait until August 2017 to gain membership in the Club.:shrug:
    The situation earlier this membership-year when we had cleared our waiting-list was unique, as we had been able to raise our membership-cap by 100 members. That is not gonna happen again.:sad20:

In any case, we host a broad spectrum of matches, events, and training classes that are open to the general public. We enjoy seeing new faces visiting the Club to shoot with us at these events. Please see our calendar at sannerslake.org for details.

A summary flyer describing the Club and our facilities is attached.

Attachments

• Welcome to SLSC - Club Overview Tri-Fold Flyer (January 2015 Update).pdf
      510.7 KB · Views: 202

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Do you gentlemen know when prospective members should hear if they're in or not?

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Do you gentlemen know when prospective members should hear if they're in or not?

Board meeting is tonight so I'll ask the Secretary if he has all the member renewals processed and if we have a new member list yet. I would guess to say NLT the end of August but I'll get you a better answer after tonight.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    88 memberships opened-up on 05 August (memberships expire at midnight on 31 July but we give 5-days for snail-mail deliveries of last-minute renewals).
    There were 170+ folks on the waiting-list as of last week, so we definitely won't clear the list.

Our Secretary will be sending-out the first-round of new membership offers VERY shortly, probably by this weekend.
    This will consist of e-mail membership-offers to the first 88 folks on the waiting-list. They will be given 2 weeks to accept the offer by sending-in a check or credit-card payment.
    They will also need to attend a new-member orientation before obtaining their membership credentials and RFID access-cards.

Thereafter, a second-round of offers will go to a handful of folks (numbers 89+? on the waiting list), depending upon how many of the first 88 decide that they really don't want to join after all. There are always a few of those.:sad20:

As always, if you want to check on the status of your specific application, you can contact the Club's Secretary, Scott Boas, at secretary@sannerslake.org or the general contact address at info@sannerslake.org.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Thereafter, a second-round of offers will go to a handful of folks (numbers 89+? on the waiting list), depending upon how many of the first 88 decide that they really don't want to join after all. There are always a few of those.:sad20:

No eyerolling necessary. With all the contractors and the military, there is a lot of transient population. With the wait 2 years and more, a good number of people may have moved on by the time their name comes up.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    No eyerolling necessary. With all the contractors and the military, there is a lot of transient population. With the wait 2 years and more, a good number of people may have moved on by the time their name comes up.

Trav --

That was the "sad" :sad20: emoticon that I used. This is one for eye-rolling: :rolleyes:
    Apologies for any confusion.

It is sad when folks decide (for whatever reason) that they cannot join the Club. I've had folks decline membership because they lost their job. I've called folks with membership offers only to discover that they have had a family-member come down with a life-threatening illness. I've also called folks for membership and have found that they have passed-away in the meantime. All very sad situations.:sad20:

This year, everyone on the waiting-list has been on it for less than a year. So the looong 2-3+ year wait-time should not be a factor -- at least for this year. However, it does look like the wait times are growing back towards the multi-year waits that were typical of the past.

You make a valid point about military folks who are often here on 3-year orders. I used to get calls all the time checking on the status of folks' applications. When I would tell them that they were certain to get a membership offer "next year:, they would say something like "Darn. I've got orders to NAS Jacksonville next year.". That too was sad:sad20: that folks had to wait so long.

Also, for the very reason that you noted (the transience of the military population) we passed a By-Law change last year that allocates a small portion of our membership slots to active-duty folks. It gives the Board the authority to give them head-of-line application privileges and waives their initiation fees. That seems the least that we can do for folks who put their lives on the line in defense of our nation.

Best regards, John

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Guess I didn't make the cut. That's disappointing, but maybe I'll meet more of you all next year.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Do not despair...

Guess I didn't make the cut. That's disappointing, but maybe I'll meet more of you all next year.

Don't give up quite yet. We had 88 openings this year and 175+ folks on the waiting-list, so your odds aren't terrible for this year.

We usually have to go through three rounds of offerings before all the spots are filled. We have only gone through the first round so far (things are going a bit more slowly than normal this year).

If you want the exact status of your application, please send an e-mail to info@sannerslake.org or to secretary@sannerslake.org.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Thanks, I did email your secretary last week, and he responded with the same thing. Its tough being patient, especially with all this nice weather to shoot. We're here for the long run, anyways, so if not this year then no worries. You guys are nice enough to let non-members in for a lot of events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom