• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    In line with other thread "Guns you have/had that you don't like" I'd like to know what you owned but got rid of and are now wishing you hadn't.

Mine was a S&W 59 (not the 5900, 59XX) Blued. It was an original WonderNine as they were called. The first line of 9mm pistols to have double stack (15) mags. I was the second owner and it was beautiful. It was my very first handgun purchase (paid $250 for it) <sniff, sniff>. I had it for about 5 years, then was out of work and needed the cash bad. Stupid me, sold it back to the gun shop for the original $250 I paid. I now own many more guns, but it sometimes hard to get over your first.

Man, I wish I could find another one in MD.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    My first pistol I bought when I turned 21 was the Ruger P85 (pre recall), I think it was 1989. The frame was way to large for me so I swapped out for a smaller S&W 669 and that was a POS. That's another pistol I wish I never owned but I ended up selling it to get my Glock 19. Oh those were the days when FTF sales didn't involved an FFL.

ps...sorry you sold your S&W 59. I bought one over the summer, you can find them @ $250 on Gunbroker, thats what I paid for mine

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I had the same S&W #59. Bought it from Bob's Coins & Guns in Annapolis. All I could do is string my rounds straight up the target. I could not hold on to that thing, even with Pacmyer(sp) rubber grips. I also had an AMT hardballer Long Slide 45 ACP, long barreled Stainless Steel.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    In chronological order: Winchester Model 12 12 gauge, Ruger Mk I with 10" bull barrel (tackdriver!), Marlin 45 Camp Carbine, Taurus Model 605 .357 Mag. SS, Sterling .22 autopistol SS (yes, I'm serious, it never failed to work), Ruger Old Army SS, Navy Arms (Zoli) Remington Model of 1863 (the "Zouave" rifle), 70 Series Colt's Combat Commander .45 ACP matte nickel, Armi Sport 1861 Springfield rifle-musket, Howa 1500 .30-06, Remington Model Five.

Jeez Louise, I'm an idiot.
    banghead.gif

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    In chronological order: Winchester Model 12 12 gauge, Ruger Mk I with 10" bull barrel (tackdriver!), Marlin 45 Camp Carbine, Taurus Model 605 .357 Mag. SS, Sterling .22 autopistol SS (yes, I'm serious, it never failed to work), Ruger Old Army SS, Navy Arms (Zoli) Remington Model of 1863 (the "Zouave" rifle), 70 Series Colt's Combat Commander .45 ACP matte nickel, Armi Sport 1861 Springfield rifle-musket, Howa 1500 .30-06, Remington Model Five.

Jeez Louise, I'm an idiot.
    banghead.gif

That's a lot of regrets. You sure you won't feel the same way about that fine revolver you have listed in the classifieds? :innocent0

Last edited:
    Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    That's a lot of regrets. You sure you won't feel the same way about that fine revolver pistol you have listed in the classifieds? :innocent0

Actually, no. It was a desperation buy just to have a single action in a "cowboy" caliber for a shoot out in Iowa. What I really want is a Remington copy. Now the Iowa trip looks extremely unlikely for a number of reasons, the economy being the biggest, so I'm pulling in, selling the gun and the rest of my western action shooting stuff, mostly clothing.

Which reminds me of a Rossi copy of the 1892 Winchester in .44 WCF (.44-40), I really regret selling that one.

I'm out of this thread before I do some real damage to my forehead :banghead:

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    S&W model 39
    Colt Third generation 2nd dragoon
    Colt Third gen. 3rd Dragoon
    Colt 1860 army in stainless!.......Damn!
    Mauser HSC
    Parker Hale 7mm Mag, (model? long long time ago)
    S&W modle 36 made a nice carry gun when I had a permit
    Colt Officers' Model made even a nicer carry gun
    Maybe a couple others.....

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    There were a few guns of my Dad's that I wish had never been sold.

Marlin 39A - my sister was supposed to take this, but screwed it up, and now it's gone
    Inland M1 Carbine
    Colt First Gen (1910) SAA, .45 LC
    S&W Model 57, .41 Mag
    S&W Model 27, .357 Mag
    Remington 1903A3 Sporter
    Winchester Model 97, 12 Gauge

Most of the things I would have wanted I either got, my sisters got, or they were purchased by friends of my Dad, so that's ok.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Taurus PT-22 pistol,
    Had a Slamfire the first time I chambered a round into the pistol.This was caused by someone dry firing the pistol at the dealers 'and caused a burr in the breech face which acted like a firing pin. Good thing the muzzle was pointed in a safe direction.

I returned it to the dealer and traded it for a beretta 83

This is the only accidental discharge I had in 30 years of firearms handling.

I wanted another one today as it would make a nice host for a 22LR.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    never sold a gun, still have them all :)
    Dad regretted selling or trading some of his guns throughout his life (although he kept more than he sold, hence the 125+ gun accumulation at the time of his passing) but in his last few years, he made a point to acquire several of those guns, such as a Ruger .357 Blackhawk Flat Top, and a 9-shot H&R .22 revolver that was just like the first one he ever bought. He also bought a couple of old Daisy BB guns - one was a Buzz Barton and the other one was a Buck Jones.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    two that come to mind are
    1) my first gun purchase, a Colt model 1903 32 acp in nickle with pearl grips. It wasn't a good first gun choice but it was a great little gun, I wish I still had it.
    2) I really miss my old Colt Python 4" blued. I never should have sold that one either.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    All of them. That's why I hang on to what I have, even the junk.

Specifically, I miss my beloved S&W Model 19 Combat Magnum, 4" barrel: the first "modern" handgun I ever bought. (In Dallas, 1983).

Also I wish I'd kept my mixmaster 03-A3 with the scant stock (man that thing was brutal on the bench!).

HisCombatMama

Feb 3, 2009
    When I took my "half" of everything during my divorce I wish I'd taken the ex's Browning Buckmark .22... and it wasn't registered! :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom