• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    I have a couple of black locusts next to the driveway that are dying and need to be felled. They're close to my house and the neighbor's house. Anyone have recommendations for a tree removal service that can drop them. I'm in Columbia.

I'd be interested in keeping the trees for firewood and just need them felled, and possibly the stumps ground down. I need the work done by someone that's bonded/insured and if I can help out an MDSer that'd be great. I'd like the trees dropped fairly soon, too. Any help is appreciated.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I have always gotten good prices from Ameri Tree, they do 25% off their regular quote. They have done 4 different trees for me so far on different occasion and I don't have a complaint and they've never been beat on a quote. But I will say they are tree removal guys, I wouldn't consider them "arborist" if you need stuff pruned.

I have them taking down a tree at a rental on Monday in Baltimore city, 50ft tall maple behind a row home w/power lines beside it. 1125 + 125 for stump grind after their 25% "discount".

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I have always gotten good prices from Ameri Tree, they do 25% off their regular quote. They have done 4 different trees for me so far on different occasion and I don't have a complaint and they've never been beat on a quote. But I will say they are tree removal guys, I wouldn't consider them "arborist" if you need stuff pruned.

I have them taking down a tree at a rental on Monday in Baltimore city, 50ft tall maple behind a row home w/power lines beside it. 1125 + 125 for stump grind after their 25% "discount".

If it will help you reduce the price of the job, I am almost always looking for firewood. My parents and I both heat our houses with firewood. A lot of times there is a price for dropping the tree and bucking it and then another for dropping the tree, bucking it, and hauling it away. Heck, I could even cut it up into rounds after they drop it.

Of course, location of the tree would matter. I'm not willing to risk life and limb (no pun intended) in a bad part of Baltimore for free firewood. Last spring I got a 5' oak from a guy just over the city line in Catonsville. That thing was HUGE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom