• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Everything I would advise, you already hit on. Could you build some large wood trays with heavy mesh lining, stack them on top of each other? Then, lay a box fan flat, elevated on some wood blocks. Lay the trays on the fan and let it blow air up through the trays?

This is exactly one of the options I was considering although I was thinking about putting the fan on top in case a few pins fall through. I wouldn’t want to take out an eye with a SS pin that is ejected from the fan blades underneath the drying brass.

DarrellA

Jacksonian Independent
    Aug 20, 2013
    MD
    Rolled around in a dish towel, then onto a cookie sheet. Then into the oven at 170 in the winter, or out in the sun in the summer.

KISS

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    I use an old beach towel. Put about 500 cases in the towel, bunch up the ends of the towel with each hand, then lift one end of the towel. Gravity causes the cases to tumble downward in the towel and the tumbling causes the excess water to exit the case. Then lift the other end of the towel so they tumble again. I do this until the towel appears to have absorbed as much of the water as possible then let them air dry. It speeds up air drying significantly, particularly for pistol cases but helps a lot with rifle cases too.

JB01

Nov 11, 2017
    Drying Brass

My wife bought a fruit dryer and then decided to not use it. Now it is mine to use. It works very well for drying brass.
    JB

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    This is exactly one of the options I was considering although I was thinking about putting the fan on top in case a few pins fall through. I wouldn’t want to take out an eye with a SS pin that is ejected from the fan blades underneath the drying brass.

That's good thinking. Probably get better air flow with a fan facing down and not pulling air up with a short clearance behind it.

Gunner220

Jul 24, 2012
    I use a jerky/fruit dehydrator. works fast and virtually no spots. you can find used ones at yard sales and flea markets fairly cheap.

Another vote for the dehydrator. Will dry lots of brass in 1/2 hour. Inexpensive at WalMart

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Another vote for the dehydrator. Will dry lots of brass in 1/2 hour. Inexpensive at WalMart

I have not even been looking to see how fast it is. Thx for the info.

I have been cycling in brass to the vibrator, then decap/sizing, then into the wet tumbler, then dehydrator. I"m doing 6 hours into each with the dehydrator set to the lowest setting.

Clippers69

Mar 7, 2011
    Drying method for wet brass

I wet tumble my rifle brass only. I don't see the need to do pistol as just a dry tumble works for me. I tumble in the summer and place the wet brass on a bath towel and roll it back and forth while holding the ends. I then spread out the brass on towels laid out on my deck. It's exposed to the sun in the afternoon and only take a few hours at the most to get them hot and dry. I do enough for the whole year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom