• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PD7798

Jul 24, 2019
    DC is shall issue and the DCMPD has been awesome to work with. Find an instructor online, there’s a good one in Carroll County, take the two day class and off you go. DC will even do preliminary approval giving you 60 days to take the class after you’ve been approved!!

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    I really have to work on my DC permit , that is sickening to say the least .

Well don't be like this and wait until you get beat up to get one....

The last girl comes back to spit in his face.
    No hate crime here.

Unless you heard her say something racists, a mere spit cannot be a hate crime

As long as white people sit back and take it, there will be no stopping these attacks. This comment is not racist, it is just the truth.

If its not racist, it surely is ignorant. Because of the races were reversed (which is possible unless you believe white don't commit crimes) then one could say "as long as black people sit back and take it, there will be not stopping these attacks". And then get mad when black people took action...

Stupid question, but can you get a permit in DC if not a resident?

Not a stupid question, because not all states allow outsiders to get permits. Looks like the guy ahead answered your question though

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    Originally Posted by Norton
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=u95R1_1564005875

This hotel is in a nice part of town. The Hilton where Reagan was shot.

White dude attacked by over a dozen "youths".

Which would have ended immediately with one flash of a piece, let alone one shot getting off. Not trying to suggest that most - let alone everyone - carrying will be able to react in an effective way when jumped like that, but still.

I'm not sure this latest incident provides any ammunition for advocacy of concealed carry. I forgot how many armed secret service agents and police were surrounding President Reagan in that neighborhood when he was shot, and they couldn't prevent the shootings of the innocents. One or more of the "youths" could have been armed with guns. Not a great situation, no matter how you look at it.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Baltimore City Police civilian employee on his way to work. On Albemarle St., Little Italy, Baltimore.

https://www.wbal.com/article/401739...ilian-employee-robbed-assaulted-officials-say

Link to video was weird in other link, so it's here: https://www.wbaltv.com/article/civilian-baltimore-police-employee-attacked-by-3-juveniles/28511172

ETA: The stopping seems to be edited out in this video.

I still remember a time when the "mob" meant something else in Little Italy and they kept those streets safe from that. :mad54:

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    Originally Posted by Norton
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=u95R1_1564005875

This hotel is in a nice part of town. The Hilton where Reagan was shot.

White dude attacked by over a dozen "youths".

I'm not sure this latest incident provides any ammunition for advocacy of concealed carry. I forgot how many armed secret service agents and police were surrounding President Reagan in that neighborhood when he was shot, and they couldn't prevent the shootings of the innocents. One or more of the "youths" could have been armed with guns. Not a great situation, no matter how you look at it.

Yeap.
    Lets say the guy had a gun legally.
    The youths didn't need a gun because they outnumber the victim. But if victim pulls a gun,and then 5 perps happen to pull a gun, most likely the victim dies, maybe taking one perp out in the process.

Just because you have a gun doesnt mean you can take out a whole team of bandits.
    The way this ended the victim was just injured. If he had a gun and tried to use it, he probably would have died if the kids also had guns. If the kids didn't have guns, then as long as he could pull it out (with being sucker punched and sheer number of perps) then victim may have won this situation. But You never know....

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Yeap.
    The youths didn't need a gun because they outnumber the victim. But if victim pulls a gun,and then 5 perps happen to pull a gun, most likely the victim dies, maybe taking one perp out in the process.

Just because you have a gun doesnt mean you can take out a whole team of bandits.
    The way this ended the victim was just injured. If he had a gun and tried to use it, he probably would have died if the kids also had guns. If the kids didn't have guns, then as long as he could pull it out (with being sucker punched and sheer number of perps) then victim may have won this situation. But You never know....

Devils advocate...if he did manage to pull a firearm, was over powered and HIS firearm could be used to murder him.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Yeap.

In a free country, the decision is up to the victim, not the government.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Devils advocate...if he did manage to pull a firearm, was over powered and HIS firearm could be used to murder him.

don't know the backstory, and all i saw were the vids on the news, but i'd take my chances trying to stop the threats by shooting the threats. i don't have and carry guns to not use them. with that said i will do whatever i can to not use them unless my/family life is in danger.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

What's the opposite of Devil's advocate, Angel's advocate? :shrug:

What if the vic pulled out his legally carried firearm and the yutes pissed themselves and then ran away?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

The way this ended, the victim was laying defenseless on the sidewalk. The only thing protecting him at that point was the whim of that pack of animals.
    Nothing is 100% but I'd prefer to have a little bit of say over what happens to me in that situation.
    Google Zach Sowers.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    don't know the backstory, and all i saw were the vids on the news, but i'd take my chances trying to stop the threats by shooting the threats. i don't have and carry guns to not use them. with that said i will do whatever i can to not use them unless my/family life is in danger.

What's the opposite of Devil's advocate, Angel's advocate? :shrug:

What if the vic pulled out his legally carried firearm and the yutes pissed themselves and then ran away?

I would imagine that in this case, any sight of a firearm would have made the group leave very quickly. :thumbsup:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Or worse: man legally carries gun then accidentally shoots himself, no wait, worse yet: man forgets his gun and leaves it at home where a small child gets it and shoots everyone in the house plus the dog and the goldfish. Guns are just too dangerous for regular American citizens to own, let alone carry around.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Or worse: man legally carries gun then accidentally shoots himself, no wait, worse yet: man forgets his gun and leaves it at home where a small child gets it and shoots everyone in the house plus the dog and the goldfish. Guns are just too dangerous for regular American citizens to own, let alone carry around.

That's right!

Time to shut down this forum, turn our guns into personhole covers, and wait for the unicorns so we can gallop away from any threats.

The State is my protection; it will lead me to green pastures and nurture me in It's bosom.

Sloopjonb

Feb 5, 2016
    It’s why I moved away I could see this coming. Where I live now me and grand daughter shoot targets in her back yard. Keep one in my truck and one on me at all times probably unnecessary where I live but you can never tell

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What if he pulled out a Highpoint and the kids would have laughed at the man . That would have been embarrassing ...

Yeah, well, just wait ‘til the Yeet Cannon starts shipping in big enough numbers to get some stolen ones out into real use. Who will laugh then, I say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom