For those of you still supporting Larry Hogan for governor...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    So who is the pro 2A Hogan alternative we should be voting for? :shrug:

Or is the plan to just skip the middle man and give it right to Jealous? :confused: I'm quite familiar with the concept of "cutting off one's nose to spite one's face," but I just don't think I can do that...:sad20:

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado

Or is the plan to just skip the middle man and give it right to Jealous? :confused: I'm quite familiar with the concept of "cutting off one's nose to spite one's face," but I just don't think I can do that...:sad20:
    I've answered that question multiple times in each Hogan thread on here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I didn't read the 12 pages prior but I have to point out that the state doesn't revolve around us and our 2A needs/desires. While Hogan's actions towards us are completely distasteful, he has been extremely hawkish on the economy whereas Jealous's economic plans would be absolutely disastrous to everyone who has a job. Our taxes would skyrocket and the money would be tossed down the sewer and policies/laws put in place that we would never get rid of. More of those that have the means will leave and more of those that have no means and rely on the system for a living will take their place - leaving the rest of us holding a sh*tty stick. I may not like everything Hogan does, but he will definitely have my vote over Jealous.

We have to get rid of the mindset that 2A is the only issue that matters.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil.

Grabbers are still grabbers even if they grab less than the other guy.

Our rights aren't worth dick if we lack the teeth to defend/assert them. If the 2A doesn't matter to the candidate, none of our rights matter to them.

Buckley eventually brings us Hitler vs. Stalin. The same arguments used in Hogan/Jealous will apply then.

There's a line somewhere, right? Eventually neither candidate is acceptable to you. My line was crossed after the failure to veto the grabbing bills. I could have possibly been talked back into the big tent if Hogan had avoided the shit eating grin photo op with the enemy. You know, the bitches that want to come door to door and collect them all. Your line might be different. You might be ok with voting for a guy who signs gun control bills. I'm not.

No.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If Jealous wins he will claim a mandate for massive gun control because he won. Every stupid bill we've beat back in the last 12 years will become law.

If Hogan wins, the legislature will be more circumspect and pass fewer if any bills because they know the state is more at the center.

Massive difference.

You're not cutting off hour nose, you're standing for a principle. .there is absolutely no difference between the 2 other than one MIGHT veto a bill that will become law anyway...Hogan is counting on you compromising your support for the 2A...prove him wrong

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    You're not cutting off hour nose, you're standing for a principle. .there is absolutely no difference between the 2 other than one MIGHT veto a bill that will become law anyway...Hogan is counting on you compromising your support for the 2A...prove him wrong

By voting for Jealous?? :confused: I'd have problems with my principles and voting for anyone who chose to put a D behind their name...especially if they seem to already be proudly anti-2A

If hogan and jealous are the only choices I’d choose hogan over jealous. If there is a third choice I’d like to hear it.

Meeee tooo! :tap:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The alternative is exactly the same...Hogan vetoes a bill passed by the MGA...his veto is overridden and becomes law. OR

The MGA passes a bill Jealous signs it it becomes law...

how hard is this to understand..

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE

canstock42697225.jpg

Stop conflating the two.

Just because the Progs in the MDGA can override his veto, doesn't mean he caved when he signs a bill. I hope you have your 'exit plan' all mapped out because you don't understand the political games that are being played by our lawmakers. Electing BJ will finish our Californication.

In the PRofMD, it's heads I win, tails you loose, and until we can reverse the gerrymandering and defeat the DemocRAT power structure, it won't change.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    If Jealous wins he will claim a mandate for massive gun control because he won. Every stupid bill we've beat back in the last 12 years will become law.

If Hogan wins, the legislature will be more circumspect and pass fewer if any bills because they know the state is more at the center.

Massive difference.

I count at least three assumptions in this post.

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Or at least she would have been before we had 125 genders.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    canstock42697225.jpg

Stop conflating the two.

Just because the Progs in the MDGA can override his veto, doesn't mean he caved when he signs a bill. I hope you have your 'exit plan' all mapped out because you don't understand the political games that are being played by our lawmakers. Electing BJ will finish our Californication.

In the PRofMD, it's heads I win, tails you loose, and until we can reverse the gerrymandering and defeat the DemocRAT power structure, it won't change.

Ed, respectfully, the signing ceremony was the definition of caving. He put politics over principles because he wants to claim the center and get re-elected. The reasoning is wholly irrelevant. Horse trading with our fundamental rights is a recipe for failure and the mark of a dishonorable man.

Our rights are non-negotiable.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    canstock42697225.jpg

Stop conflating the two.

Then tell me, what did it mean when Hogan signed 1302? You know, this one:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom