• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    From Bloomberg Politics ... of all places.

Trump to Speak at NRA Forum, First President to Do So Since 1983

Applauding Gorsuch

While Trump has not yet signed significant legislation or executive orders on gun rights, his appointment of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court was hailed by the NRA. Gorsuch took the seat vacated by Justice Antonin Scalia, who died last year and was part of a 5-4 majority in the pivotal D.C. v. Heller case. The ruling marked the first time the Supreme Court held that the Second Amendment protected an individual’s right to own a firearm for lawful purposes such as self-defense in the home.

donald_trump_gun_rally-620x412.jpg

Michael Bloomberg, the founder and majority owner of Bloomberg LP, is an advocate of assault-weapon restrictions and serves on the advisory board of Everytown for Gun Safety, a gun-control group.

Attachments

• FINAL-Bloomberg-cover-story-opening-image.jpg
      FINAL-Bloomberg-cover-story-opening-image.jpg
      40.6 KB · Views: 545

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I hope he mentions the next thing he may have planned. When was the last time a president has been close to the NRA in this fashion?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    For decades, the Dems have done their utmost to denigrate, defame, dehumanize, insult, divide, minimize, silence, excoriate, and criminalize the NRA and its members.

No wonder Trump is speaking there. He feels right at home and in good company. Birds of a feather.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    For decades, the Dems have done their utmost to denigrate, defame, dehumanize, insult, divide, minimize, silence, excoriate, and criminalize the NRA and its members.

No wonder Trump is speaking there. He feels right at home and in good company. Birds of a feather.

I agree with you. Over the past two decades or so the Dems have taken all sorts of shots (pun intended!) at the NRA and the Second Amendment. But one can go back in history and see that this was not always the case. I believe that JFK was a life member of the NRA.

When will the Dems learn that fighting against 2A is losing them votes?

Cal68

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    But, Dad's Demand 'double-action' ...

Moms Demand Action Founder: We Will Protest at Trump’s NRA Speech

Watts also used her MSNBC appearance to suggest that “caring Americans” support gun control. The intimation was that other Americans–non-caring and the like–support or at least tolerate “the gun lobby.” As is her norm, Watts did not mention the financial machine that the funds her group and the rest of the gun control lobby. Financiers like gun control billionaire Michael Bloomberg allow Moms Demand to keep on fighting, to keep on showing up to protest, even though their protests rarely turn into victories.

1911-Action.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom