• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Glad you added the info on sources of blood - pretty intense. Btw, look a bit like Dexter in that pic. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I felt a little bit like Dexter afterwards. :D

I had a video of i but it got lost somewhere along the line.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just teasing of course. Had to show it to the wife and older son, especially as I could mention it's my friend from the first SOTAR class.

Was there a sidearm as a backup? Not sure if that's a holster in the pic. Impressive size hog, especially considering how you hunted it.

Saw a sharp Bowie knife with a 10-inch blade at my LGS this weekend. Seems like a good thing to carry if in country with wild hogs (in addition to the sidearm).

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Maybe after a bunch of libtards get gored in state parks, this state will finally go shall-issue, and lessen the training requirement- and get rid of the full medical check as well. I almost want wild hogs so that will happen. How about hogs in Rock Creek park attacking joggers? Hogs get into Druid Hill LOL.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Just teasing of course. Had to show it to the wife and older son, especially as I could mention it's my friend from the first SOTAR class.

Was there a sidearm as a backup? Not sure if that's a holster in the pic. Impressive size hog, especially considering how you hunted it.

Saw a sharp Bowie knife with a 10-inch blade at my LGS this weekend. Seems like a good thing to carry if in country with wild hogs (in addition to the sidearm).

Yes. I had a sidearm.

The guides said sometimes, depending on the size of the hog and location, they may not send the dog in. They would just want you to shoot it.

After that bastard drug me around like I was nothing, I seriously considered dropping the knife and putting one into it's head.

My problem was I was cutting too far back and getting lung. It took a while for it to die and when I asked why, cause the guides said they die quick, they told me I didn't get the heart.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Well if you know anyone around Havre de Grace who will let me trap next season, and they have farmland in decent acreage ( to avoid being under the 150 yard requirement for neighbor houses), let them know that there's an eager and willing canine trapper. I caught 1 coyote, I can catch more hopefully. Darlington, Aberdeen, Churchville, Perryville, Port Deposit, HdG...

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads