PSA: Do civilians with guns ever stop mass shootings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Not to mention that in a lot of cases the mentally ill attacker turns the gun on himself when a good guy with a gun shows up.

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    Fixed for more clarity.

Calguns had another good one, I'm paraphrasing. If one in every 20 ducks could shoot back, nobody would go hunting.

If I'm not mistaken, that came from one of the Plaintiffs during oral arguments in Peruta when it was at the District level. I believe the original quote was:

“If 5% OF THE DUCKS SHOOT BACK, “NO ONE” WOULD GO DUCK HUNTING”

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Fixed for more clarity.

Calguns had another good one, I'm paraphrasing. If one in every 20 ducks could shoot back, nobody would go hunting.

In the latest case, the shooter had a weapon in his car. The school said guns can be in cars in locked compartments in designated parking lots. Seems this Ahole went back to his car after an altercation, retrieved his gun and "wham". If someone wants to they will always find a way.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Posted on a lib 'acquiantance's' Facebook page. Sad.

But I need the one line comeback. Maybe that one kid would think twice if everyone had rocks.

View attachment 160853

A kid on the playground throws a rock at another kid on the playground.
    The teacher bans recess for all of the kids since, after all, punishing the good kids along with the bad kid will help them to see that the bad kid really isn’t bad, he’s just misunderstood and needs his classmates to give him a hug and half their lunch money so that he can then buy marbles to play with instead of rocks.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    The teacher wisely enacts a rock-free zone throughout the schoolyard since, after all, if there had only been a sign present specifically indicating that throwing rocks at fellow students is not permitted, it would have never occurred in the first place.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    The teacher subsequently recommends paving over the playground in cement since, after all, if rocks were no longer present along with pine-cones, acorns or clumps of grass, there wouldn’t be anything present and enticing for kids to throw at their classmates.

Shall I go on?

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    Gun Free Zones are here to stay. Regrettably. Because people with guns, in their minds, are lower than whale crap. We're not welcome in their world.

And each side is so entrenched right now that no middle ground will ever be reached and BHO knows it.

We are right. They are right. Stalemate!

There is only one way to break a stalemate.
    that's so insane as they would say make common sense changes and this is not even on the table or talked about

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So we should insist that owners of "gun free zones" carry massacre insurance. :party29:

Not a bad idea. Or even better, sue for purposely maintaining a dangerous location.

I remember reading about a somewhat similar situation in a security trade magazine years ago. The had a regular section on notable legal actions affecting the profession. This was back when well lit parking lots were not commonplace. There was a series of very large wins in lawsuits by women who were attacked in dark parking lots. Poof! Suddenly you were hard pressed to find a dark shopping center lot.

marcusrn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    San Diego
    If I'm not mistaken, that came from one of the Plaintiffs during oral arguments in Peruta when it was at the District level. I believe the original quote was:

“If 5% OF THE DUCKS SHOOT BACK, “NO ONE” WOULD GO DUCK HUNTING”

That gem came from Chuck Michel to Federal District Court Judge Irma Gonzales. He is and was the NRA attorney for Peruta Vs SD Sheriff against 5 individual plantiffs and one institutional (CRPA) plaintiff.

He brought the house down and the judge appeared impressed, at least at that moment.

Proud Peruta co plaintiff,
    Mark Cleary

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    Private establishments can still make their own rules.

I will never understand this line of thinking. If self defense is a fundamental right then it is equal to other fundamental rights. So since a private establishment cannot refuse service because of gender, for example, that same establishment should not be able to refuse service because of a person's right to self defense.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I will never understand this line of thinking. If self defense is a fundamental right then it is equal to other fundamental rights. So since a private establishment cannot refuse service because of gender, for example, that same establishment should not be able to refuse service because of a person's right to self defense.
    Exactly, WTF, the .gov can force a Christian to bake a cake to recognize a right that is not enumerated in COTUS but they can't give me a pass for carrying gun (an enumerated right) into a business that serves the general public?

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    That gem came from Chuck Michel to Federal District Court Judge Irma Gonzales. He is and was the NRA attorney for Peruta Vs SD Sheriff against 5 individual plantiffs and one institutional (CRPA) plaintiff.

He brought the house down and the judge appeared impressed, at least at that moment.

Proud Peruta co plaintiff,
    Mark Cleary

Thanks Mr. Cleary. You and the other Plaintiffs are all Patriots. Thank you for standing up for our 2A rights. As I recall, that quote caused quite a stir amongst the people in attendance, but I couldn't specifically recall who said it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom