• DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If the house is a rockin', don't bother knockin'

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    I seriously thought that was an April fool's joke, lol. But they're focusing on the next generation infringement scheme. Oh well, that's why there is already a new lawsuit.

I do love a win in whatever sized bite.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    So what happens if he rules the new law doesn't satisfy his ruling? It becomes a brand new case, right? Can he actually rule the new laws unconstitutional?

It will be interesting to see because I feel that the judge basically said that unless they bring him a law that satisfies his criteria it will be constitutional carry.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    I wonder how much the pressure from Sen. Rubio and Rep. Jordan's new law S. 874 had to do with them dropping the appeal. Norton said herself, on a News Channel 8 interview that she no longer had the pull in the Senate, that it would take, to get the law dropped.

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    I guess they've accepted that fighting No-Issue is a lost cause and will instead concentrate their effort on preserving the new May-Issue regime, which is being challenged in Wrenn...
    Not really, they're keeping no-issue by wrapping it in may-issue clothes, just like California and New Jersey do. Peruta looks set to keep in-substance no-issue in place in California, and no challenge of New Jersey's and New York City's in-substance no-issue regimes has ever been successful.

Last edited:

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    JB I was waiting for Norton to doze off and fall out her chair during that interview... takes alot out a person trying to park a car between the lines... and she has really slowed down speech wise

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    What happens if Sculin rules DC in contempt, invalidates the new may issue law, then lifts his temporary hold on his original order? Back where we started ? Would DC appeal that?

It seems we'd be back at permitless carry yet again?

Is this not correct?

Legal eagles please chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom