• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KeepTheChange

Jan 26, 2009
    The one I wish I still had is a blue Colt Delta Elite 10mm. I love the 10mm. It's the magnum of 1911's.

I miss that gun. And I see now that Colt is reissuing them this year.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Two guns I regret selling. A S&W 1076, and a Walther GSP. The Walther in particular...I have a suppressor that would work well on one, and would love to see people's faces when I showed up at the range with a suppressed high-end target pistol.

STSCM

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2008
    Lusby, MD
    I had to sell my first ever pistol. No idea what it was, found it on the side of the road, thought it was a toy, 4 barrels in a square fixture, white plastic grip, derringer style, when I broke it open found a 22 casing in it. Damn thing was inaccurate as hell. Hammer was a round punch that rotated around all four barrels to fire, the fourth shot always caused it to open up. Sold it to pay for my first speeding ticket.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I will NEVER regret selling (years ago) a Llama 1911 in 380. What a rattle trap! Recently sold a Glock 36 (I have small hands anyway), way too much recoil (no regrets). Also sold a Ruger DAO police trade in. No regrets here either. Nothing else sold or traded. :)
    Edited to add: forgot about a Ruger 44 magnum single action, gave me a serious flinch factor. Sort of regret it, kind of.

Last edited:

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    :sad20: My S&W 629 6 inch barrel 44 mag. sigh......:sad20:

Me too. Sold it just before I moved from Alaska to here. Mine was a 4" bbl though. Great gun.

Also regret getting rid of a CZ52 with the 9mm barrel. Traded it for some fab work on my jeep.

I miss them both.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    I guess this is off subject, but I have every gun I have ever owned. Some of them are really ragged now. 12-13 long guns/shotguns, 7 handguns.....

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    There are a couple of guns that I was glad to get rid of. The first and foremost of which was a Taurus PT145. It blew a quarter sized chunk of the frame back at me on the range the first day that I had it. I was shooting WWB. I sent it to repair and then promptly sold it when I got it back. Good riddance.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Yeah, I heard that first and second generation PT145's had some serious slide issues. That one is just nasty to think about.

I have a 3rd generation and love it. Very solid little gun holding 10 rounds of .45 goodness. But if I were in your shoes, I would probably never buy one again lol.

Splitter

shadetech

Fuzzywhomp
    Jan 19, 2009
    Marlin lever 25-20. Keyholed, but I should have rebarreled it instead of selling it. Beautiful piece.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I guess this is off subject, but I have every gun I have ever owned. Some of them are really ragged now. 12-13 long guns/shotguns, 7 handguns.....
    I'm not sure I'll ever get rid of any of mine. For starters, anything that I inherited is non-negotiable. Even if I hated them, they were either Dad's or Grandpa's, so they'll stick around to be passed down through the generations. There is one exception to that - I have one gun that is more than a little collectible and it may get to a point where the monetary value can no longer be ignored - it's danged near that way anyway.

As for the others, they were all purchased for a specific reason, and unless that reason becomes invalid at some point in the future, they too will remain with me, so xd40c, I totally understand where you are coming from.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Sold this:
    P226STleft.jpg

Few regrets that will quickly go away when I pick up my
    P229ST Elite and P228

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Dont know if this counts, but I saw a saiga 12 a couple years ago at a pawn shop in arizona for 300 dollars, I didnt have that kinda cash at the time so I had to pass, really wish i hadnt

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Ya'll remember that bumpersticker that says something like:

'My wife left, took the shotgun and the dog' ?

She was a 4 year old golden retriever, and it was a Winchester Defender 12Ga, with the factory camo and folding stock. ::sigh::
    It says something along the lines of "My woman left me and took my dog and I sure do miss him." :lol2:

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I'm not sure I'll ever get rid of any of mine. For starters, anything that I inherited is non-negotiable. Even if I hated them, they were either Dad's or Grandpa's, so they'll stick around to be passed down through the generations. There is one exception to that - I have one gun that is more than a little collectible and it may get to a point where the monetary value can no longer be ignored - it's danged near that way anyway.

I certainly hope you're not talking about selling that Winchester .45-90 lever action.

You know, you may see you ancestors later, and have to explain your actions. ;)

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I certainly hope you're not talking about selling that Winchester .45-90 lever action.

You know, you may see you ancestors later, and have to explain your actions. ;)
    The Winchester was purchased by my father in the late 1950s - it's been in the family for a while, but isn't exactly an heirloom yet, at least not from the standpoint that it wasn't owned by his father or his grandfather. Now, when my son gets it, THEN it will be an heirloom.

The problem with a gun like that, it's not really a shooter, so I can't enjoy it like that. A solution would be to sell it, replace it with another model 1886 - either a genuine 1886 of lesser value, or even a modern replica such as a Browning - something I could shoot, and then put the rest of the money to good use, such as for my kids' college funds. That way I'd still have an 1886, and not something I have to worry about from a collectible standpoint.

That's just a thought though - I'm certainly not in a rush to part with it since out of all of the guns I own, it's the one I'm most proud of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom