• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I've been wondering, and I guess I might as well put it to the community to beat around...

1 - Would there be a downside to a statewide movement encouraging people to OC on their own property (or at least to OH)?

2 - If not, what group would be a good mouthpiece to organize and promote it?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I've been wondering, and I guess I might as well put it to the community to beat around...

1 - Would there be a downside to a statewide movement encouraging people to OC on their own property (or at least to OH)?

2 - If not, what group would be a good mouthpiece to organize and promote it?

Yes the downside would be you would be infringing on the livelihood of thieves because in MD they have rights you know...:innocent0;)

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I thought OC on ones private property is allowed. The only issue you would have are the libtard neighbors calling the cops.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    It is allowed.

My thought was to encourage people to exercise their rights en masse, and also keep a copy of all applicable laws on hand.

I still don't get how this helps because on avg I think most of suburbia is probably 1 out of 7 probably has a gun maybe 1 out of 10 has a hand gun. I know you want to show we have solidarity but it may come off as each neighborhood has 3-5 nut jobs

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Accidents would go up exponentially.
    That and I might shoot my teenagers and a Jehovah's Witness or two.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I don't mind telling the community as long you also include the laws. Ie. When to use it and the aftermath.

Hate to see trigger happy folks abusing it.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I don't really know for sure if there would be a downside to it, with too many Marylanders (mainly no-gun owners) being chronically lackadaisical about their rights; or if even knowing what they are and why they're there for that matter.

As far as a mouthpiece to promote or organize it... that's tricky. Would this not be a good thing for MSI to spearhead?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    No offense but I think encouraging OC at home makes us look like a bunch of paranoid nuts. I'm not saying I'm not a paranoid nut, I just don't want a PSA campaign to confirm it.

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    I don't mind telling the community as long you also include the laws. Ie. When to use it and the aftermath.

Hate to see trigger happy folks abusing it.

Why do you think people would be trigger happy? If Maryland ever starts issuing ccw permits to the average joe do you think people will just go trigger happy then?

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I can see a lot of handguns falling out of peoples waistbands and pockets, there are more handgun owners than holster owners, sad but true.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    my property,my gun, my choice. Want to know more come watch me and my 1911 mow the lawn.

2009%5C05%5C12%5Cbikepics-1665092-full.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom