• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    I received the following reply from Senator Nancy Jacobs after I requested her support against SB281

"I would like to thank you for taking the time to write and share your thoughts with me on the anti-gun legislation before us this session. As I am sure you know, the Judicial Proceedings Committee had its hearing on SB 281, on February 6, 2013.

Those who came down to Annapolis that day to attend the rally and to testify against the SB 281 were nothing short of amazing. In all my years in Annapolis, I have never witnessed so many people as compassionate about their rights as citizens, their willingness to do whatever it took to be there, and then waiting for many long hours for the opportunity to testify.

It was quite obvious that the leadership in Annapolis was not prepared for the hundreds and hundreds of people wanting to speak before the Committee. I totally disagreed with cutting testimony off at 9 p.m. and only allowing those who had waited so patiently to give their name, where they lived and their position on the bill. Everyone should have been allowed their time to express their feelings towards these bills, even if it meant going well into the night or the early hours of the following day.

Many of the Marylanders I have heard from are well aware of my long standing position to protect our Second Amendment rights. For those of you who may not know me, I want to assure you that I am opposed to any and all legislation that infringes upon your Second Amendment right to bear arms. My record is clear on this issue as I have never voted in favor of any “anti-gun” legislation.

Please be watchful of the House crossover bill HB 294. As of February 8, it has not been scheduled for a hearing.

I will be working non-stop to defeat the Governor’s bills. Thank you for fighting the good fight with those of us who support the Second Amendment.

Sincerely,

Senator Nancy Jacobs

District 34, Harford and Cecil County"

Time to start emailing the House of Representatives requesting their opposition to HB 294.

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    I received that letter as well. Its nice to see someone on our side!
    Her assistant Cindy Titus has continued to corrospond with me and has provided many tools to help our cause.

We should do something nice to show our appreciation for the efforts of that office.

I know ... thats what they're there for but in this day & age, they are going above and beyond what most have "come to expect" from an office of that nature.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    We met Senator Jacobs a few years ago. She showed up at a hearing we had to help us stop a "Moto-Cross" track from being built in our community. Down to earth and genuine,easy on the eyes and classy.Can you imagine having HER running Maryland? Yeah,I know; never mind.:sad20:

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    We met Senator Jacobs a few years ago. She showed up at a hearing we had to help us stop a "Moto-Cross" track from being built in our community. Down to earth and genuine,easy on the eyes and classy.Can you imagine having HER running Maryland? Yeah,I know; never mind.:sad20:

I'm sure all my fellow motorcyclists appreciated the effort.

I don't know the circumstances, but applauding someone for denying people a source of enjoyment might be viewed as ironic at best when we're trying to protect our own source of enjoyment.

The two entities share lots of common issues: land use, noise, and a public perception of unnecessary risk.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    I'm sure all my fellow motorcyclists appreciated the effort.

I don't know the circumstances, but applauding someone for denying people a source of enjoyment might be viewed as ironic at best when we're trying to protect our own source of enjoyment.

The two entities share lots of common issues: land use, noise, and a public perception of unnecessary risk.

one is a right guaranteed, the other can find another place that wont annoy a community, please dont get them confused.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    She really needs to update her message.

HB 294 is set for March 1st, and MSI is ready to bring something bigger and better than the 6th.

Armed Citizen

Jul 27, 2010
    one is a right guaranteed, the other can find another place that wont annoy a community, please dont get them confused.

This. Some similarities can be drawn in cars vs. guns but guns are the only one that is guaranteed. Anti's like to say things like "you have to have a license" or "be properly trained" to have a car which is not true. Those things are only required on public roads. Cars are unregulated on private property and no license, registration, insurance, etc is required. Always remind them of that. The comparison is not 100% applicable.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    I'm not going to belittle Senator Jacobs, because she is firmly in our court and is working very hard to slow the creeping madness that is Maryland gun legislation.

I do find the comments interesting. State regulation, and subsequent denial, of our pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness is NOT acceptable, whether it's our Second Amendment rights or others.

Our problem is remarkably similar to the motorcycling community, wherein municipalities, states, and even the Federal Government have sought motorcycle bans or to make certain areas off limits. For example, our friends in Chicago have tried to ban motos from Lakeshore Drive (of course).

Some years ago, the insurance companies tried to band together to ban sportbikes. The arguments from the public are remarkably similar: "Why should anyone need a bike with XXX horsepower?" and "If you want a bike that can go that fast, you must be crazy."

I wager the same arguments used against motorcycle tracks are used against gun ranges: noise, pollution, etc.

There are strong parallels when the nanny state tries to regulate and ban anything we hold dear. I just thought it ironic that a champion of our current cause worked against another that is also near and dear to my heart. But again, I admitted to not knowing the details. Perhaps they were "reasonable restrictions."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom