• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kromesoldier

Nov 22, 2012
    At the end of the day I don't see it becoming law. I do see them using it as leverage but who knows anymore. I would assume tHe alb would just ban the sale of. But possession seems a bit far fetched. I hope it doesn't end up that bad.

Kromesoldier

Nov 22, 2012
    I would prefer neither. But who knows. I could see Texas starting. War before they gave up their guns. But here, Maryland is so screwed up.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    According to that you can't even carry it IN your own house, even if it were somehow already there. It's a de facto total handgun ban since no one other than police or military on official duties can even, literally, pick up a handgun. It's so far beyond constitutional it's comical. It's just an extremist position the asshat wants to use to bargain from.

Agreed. Let there be no compromise. Let them move ahead with it exactly as is since it's a guaranteed loser.

If we ever want the 2A pendulum in MD to swing back our way, allowing loony-leftist politicians in Annapolis to go full tilt with idiotic bills is a sure way to bring undecideds and reasonable thinkers into our camp in large numbers.

Kromesoldier

Nov 22, 2012
    If Texas was the only place that believed in our rights and the constitution. Then he'll yeah. I would move the minute I could find a job. But most of you are like me. I make my living here and that is what will convince most of us to roll over is the fact that the family and making a living is very important. I love my weapons and would stand up with you guys and fight it but in the end if we lose. What are you gonna do. Is your weapon worth losing your family over or losing your house and everything you work hard for? Because that's what could happen if we aren't careful and that is what gov is banking on people to think about. I hate to sound negative guys. Please forgive me. But I have been pissed for a week watching the news and c span and reading posts about what is going on and I'm just tired of it. We can't win as just the few. We need a union.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Guys, I've read HB 35 three times, I don't see a ban on handgun carry.

It's basically modifying the law regarding the exception police officers receive to the carry law.

Intarsiac

Jun 17, 2008
    Southern Maryland

It's basically modifying the law regarding the exception police officers receive to the carry law.

I read it as completely repealing the current Section 4-203 and replacing it with what is stated. There would be no exceptions for transport to range, shop, dog training, etc. as that language would no longer be there.

Justler

Jan 5, 2012
    I read it as completely repealing the current Section 4-203 and replacing it with what is stated. There would be no exceptions for transport to range, shop, dog training, etc. as that language would no longer be there.

It's a complete handgun ban... ALL HANDGUNS, even revolvers and black powder pistols.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Now that I read the bill again carefully and compare to MD 4-203(b)(1), I agree with you. Per the front page of the bill, all other sections of MD 4-203(b) are unaffected. The only section affected is for sheriff's offices.

Kromesoldier

Nov 22, 2012
    Are we. Reading it wrong. It looks like it applies to another law. I don't think it applies to us. Maybe I'm wrong. Anybody got any good intel on this.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    It's a complete handgun ban... ALL HANDGUNS, even revolvers and black powder pistols.

Nope not even close. It's repealing sections of the law regarding LEO carry and replacing them. I would be pissed if I were an LEO, and I am pissed for them.

Kromesoldier

Nov 22, 2012
    Yeah I just don't see our trashy gov being that bad. Ask someone that knows. I'm no expert but I think we are all just nervous and I feel ya. I've been the same way.

Justler

Jan 5, 2012
    Nope not even close. It's repealing sections of the law regarding LEO carry and replacing them. I would be pissed if I were an LEO, and I am pissed for them.

Interesting... I'll have to figure out how to pull the rest of the stuff up... it's not entirely intuitive how these are written.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    General rules are

plain text-existing law's text

bold text-additions

strike through text-deletions

I'm not sure what brackets mean.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts