• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    OP: As you navigate your way through the maze of non-resident permit qualifications, regulations, and procedures, please offer any comments or corrections you may have to my attempt to keep track of such details.

You can see my thread on "Multi-State CCW Permits for Marylanders" here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=95600

Great thread, thanks!

Mdeng, thanks again. FYI, Utah told me the look back was four years. My question was regarding the ambiguous question on the form that reads "have you been involved in" (not have you been convicted of). The investigator told me that even though the look back was four years, I needed to note older charges and explain them briefly because they'd see them. When I discussed my particular minor charges and the eventual outcomes, he said I was fine.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Great thread, thanks!

Mdeng, thanks again. FYI, Utah told me the look back was four years. My question was regarding the ambiguous question on the form that reads "have you been involved in" (not have you been convicted of). The investigator told me that even though the look back was four years, I needed to note older charges and explain them briefly because they'd see them. When I discussed my particular minor charges and the eventual outcomes, he said I was fine.

That question causes a lot of concern at some of our classes. It is best for an applicant to contact the State before they apply to verify they are good to go. Answering a question incorrectly can come back to haunt an applicant.

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    That question causes a lot of concern at some of our classes. It is best for an applicant to contact the State before they apply to verify they are good to go. Answering a question incorrectly can come back to haunt an applicant.

It's an easy call, they were very polite and willing to discuss the questions in depth. I feel confident after talking to them that I received accurate info. The investigator didn't hesitate to tell me I'd be good to go.

I am now wondering if I should just go for the MD permit. I am a sole proprietor of a small service business that generated checks for deposit on a daily basis (not a super high amount, typically more than three over $125 apiece, and sometimes substantially higher than that). I can easily verify this, I have been in business for over seven years.

I am wondering if I should shelve the out of state permits and instead first go for the MD CC. Any thoughts there? I can't seem to find the threshold for G&S regarding deposit amounts.

?

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    It's an easy call, they were very polite and willing to discuss the questions in depth. I feel confident after talking to them that I received accurate info. The investigator didn't hesitate to tell me I'd be good to go.

I am now wondering if I should just go for the MD permit. I am a sole proprietor of a small service business that generated checks for deposit on a daily basis (not a super high amount, typically more than three over $125 apiece, and sometimes substantially higher than that). I can easily verify this, I have been in business for over seven years.

I am wondering if I should shelve the out of state permits and instead first go for the MD CC. Any thoughts there? I can't seem to find the threshold for G&S regarding deposit amounts.

?

I think you should go for the MD CCW. Your situation sounds exactly like my dads, and he didn't have any problem getting a MD CCW (with restrictions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom