• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    I have a AK with under folder stock. Being I'm a lefty the sling mount on the under folder pivot pin(push button) sometimes interferes with my left hand. Not a big issue, just bothersome if it swivels towards the front of gun rubbing my left thumb when shooting.
    Guess what I'm asking is there anyway to reverse the pivot pin push button so it's on the opposite side of the rifle making the rear sling mount end up on the right side opposed to left side of gun.
    Can I remove the pivot assembly then reassemble it so the swivel button and sling mount end up on the opposite side of gun?

Any links,info, directions about installing under folders to find out if this is possible?
    OK so I'm being picky but would really like to do this keeping sling mount from contacting my thumb.:)

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    There is a pin that holds the internal assembly in place, you may or may not be able to install that pin with the mechanism reversed. Its been some time since i took one apart.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    I can see where I might need to drill 2 holes on the opposite end just so stock locks in place.
    What I'm not sure of is how the whole assembly comes apart.
    Raelly like to find some sort of instructions on how the under folder stock attatchs to the gun, or how to disassemble it so it can be reversed.:)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The mechanism retaining pin on some underfolder mechs are blind pinned and wont come out the other side. You have to drill these type out.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    In the end the sling mount was a no problem.
    I used a peice of electical tape to hold it in place so not to flop around and all worked out great.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom