• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I just talked to my investigator again and she said to get the word out that we should not be checking assumed risk (judges, cops etc) and we should select personal protection. I was her first portal application but second submission because I took longer to get my letter.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Permit in hand today!

10/23- Application submitted
    10/28- Application accepted
    12/12- Interview completed
    12/16- Disposition e-mail received. Changed from Assumed Risk to Personal Protection, valid while employed with the DoD.
    12/19- Permit in hand.

I am donating money to MSI for Xmas.

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    Permit in hand today!

10/23- Application submitted
    10/28- Application accepted
    12/12- Interview completed
    12/16- Disposition e-mail received. Changed from Assumed Risk to Personal Protection, valid while employed with the DoD.
    12/19- Permit in hand.

I am donating money to MSI for Xmas.

Congratulations! Now to Pa for a non Resident permit! Same restriction on mine, just a different agency.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Does the portal change from "assigned to investigator" to any other status (at licensing division?) before the disposition email arrives?

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    Does the portal change from "assigned to investigator" to any other status (at licensing division?) before the disposition email arrives?

my current status is assigned to investigator. I have done my interview and sent her my clearance letter. she submitted my application. I assume I should see a change in status really soon.

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014

Mine did not change. The only notification emails I had were that the application was received, then accepted and there was no change to the portal. The next email message and portal update was the final disposition.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Approved less than 24 hours after submitting a doctor's note.
    Now lets see how how quickly the card gets here.

And to tell all my buddies at work to get on their applications.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    Approved less than 24 hours after submitting a doctor's note.
    Now lets see how how quickly the card gets here.

And to tell all my buddies at work to get on their applications.

Congrats! I was emailed on a Monday morning that mine had been assigned a disposition and the portal said approved. It showed up in the mail on Wednesday. I hope yours is as quick.

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    Where do I get a copy of an (or my) OPM breach letter, it’s been a while?...

SonOfAHut

Sep 16, 2013
    All,

Does anyone know if this G&S has worked for a non-resident who visits family or has to pass through the state?

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    No idea here. Everyone I know and am helping get their permit resides within Maryland. I do have a coworker that lives in VA but works in MD and has a clearance requiring daily access to classified information that I'm trying to talk into applying, but they still have yet to even open an account on the portal.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    All,

Does anyone know if this G&S has worked for a non-resident who visits family or has to pass through the state?

State pass through is protected under FOPA.

There is no such thing as a Maryland non-resident license. I recall an HPRB case (ultimately denied) for a really heart-rending nonresident who wanted to visit his mom a few years ago. Back when there was a functioning HPRB. Good times...

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    State pass through is protected under FOPA.

There is no such thing as a Maryland non-resident license. I recall an HPRB case (ultimately denied) for a really heart-rending nonresident who wanted to visit his mom a few years ago. Back when there was a functioning HPRB. Good times...

There's no difference between resident and non-resident licenses, everyone gets the same. Just getting MSP to believe you have sufficient G&S reason for the permit is a different matter. A TS-cleared employee who lives in PA and drives to work at a contractor's facility in MD would probably be the best test case.

The contractor's facility would be important, then there would not be any stickiness about being able to secure a firearm in the vehicle during the work day, vs the issues federal property brings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom