• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I know during gun shows it's not allowed, or they put a ziptie through your action. What about during non gun show events? I know if you carry correctly then no one should know, but I'd like to know what their "official" rule is for CCW

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Signs have no force of law in VA.

Just saying. Not advocating breaking any law. Carrying in a posted venue in VA is not a statutory violation.

Not leaving if discovered and told to leave would be.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    While I advocate breaking NO laws, if I had a permit, I would carry in a Post Office, regardless of signs and penalties.

Even with a permit can’t even park your car with a gun in it on USPS property. In VA I always park next door if I have to go in.

Better option is UPS or FedEx.

The penalties would not be worth it.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I know during gun shows it's not allowed, or they put a ziptie through your action. What about during non gun show events? I know if you carry correctly then no one should know, but I'd like to know what their "official" rule is for CCW

Pretty sure for insurance reasons the official rule is zip tie or no gun.

With that being said. Do whatever but just know if they see it and have an issue they will simply ask you to leave.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    I recently (I think it was a month ago) went to the RV show there. I scoured the website and couldn't find anything, and there were no signs posted. So, at minimum I think you are legal (maybe if the gun showed they might ask you to leave, but I can't see there being any legal trouble).

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    If you leave if asked, no law has been broken.

Exactly! They certainly don't publicize any restrictions. So, do what I did at the RV show: carry concealed (I assume you have a permit that VA accepts or a VA permit and aren't planning OC) and if they see it and ask you to leave, be prepared to accept their request and leave politely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom