Question about Upper - Is this good to go ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    CDNN has Mid-length with A2 front sight barrel , advertised as " Bushmaster AR-15 16" SOCOM heavy profile barrel marked "BFI 5.56 NATO 1/9" Chrome Lined Bore " $99 shipped.

Delton also from time to time has Mid-length Heavy barrel complete upper for around $230 or so.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    CDNN has Mid-length with A2 front sight barrel , advertised as " Bushmaster AR-15 16" SOCOM heavy profile barrel marked "BFI 5.56 NATO 1/9" Chrome Lined Bore " $99 shipped.

Delton also from time to time has Mid-length Heavy barrel complete upper for around $230 or so.

Bushmaster is no bueno in MD. I would stay away from anything labeled Bushmaster .

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Thought of this -

Since I have two receivers that I acquire before the ban. Can I take it off (.22LR upper) and put on the new receiver.

So It would free up that receiver that was bought in 2005. Would that okay for me to purchase that upper and put it on that as upgrade. Will I be breaking any laws by doing that ?

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Thought of this -

Since I have two receivers that I acquire before the ban. Can I take it off (.22LR upper) and put on the new receiver.

So It would free up that receiver that was bought in 2005. Would that okay for me to purchase that upper and put it on that as upgrade. Will I be breaking any laws by doing that ?

IMO. Yes you will. The rifle needed to be configured as a non-hbar ar-15 before oct 2013.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    No, sorry...its not an HBAR..

Regarding Bushmaster, my understanding is that only for the lower...doesn't matter what the barrel, etc says....that being said. I'm not a fan of bushmaster myself.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Bushmaster is no bueno in MD. I would stay away from anything labeled Bushmaster .
    This is at least the 2nd post I have read that Bushmaster is the enemy of the PR MD?? Why? Just 'cause the Sniper used a Bushy?
    WTF??
    Thanks...

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    yes, if you have a pre 2013 lower you can put on whatever you want.

And that's why I got 5 more... haven't done a thing with them, but I HAVE them, legally.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    And that's why I got 5 more... haven't done a thing with them, but I HAVE them, legally.

Yeah, wish I did something like that :(

Reading further.....my apologies....yes, if you have a pre 2013 lower you can put on whatever you want.

Perfect, that's good to know that I can do anything with it as it was bought before the ban. Thanks for confirming it.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I think the worst part of the ban, aside from the fact that it's a ban, is when it was enacted, there was still a run on ARs so finding stripped lowers was hard.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    This is at least the 2nd post I have read that Bushmaster is the enemy of the PR MD?? Why? Just 'cause the Sniper used a Bushy?
    WTF??
    Thanks...

No. It is because no one in MSP can be bothered to look and see that the Bushmaster rifle that is on the banned list is NOT the same as the later Bushmaster AR-15.

And Bushmaster, was not willing to put any effort in getting this changed. In essence, telling MD residents, "We don't care about you, we sell enough to other states."

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    No. It is because no one in MSP can be bothered to look and see that the Bushmaster rifle that is on the banned list is NOT the same as the later Bushmaster AR-15.

And Bushmaster, was not willing to put any effort in getting this changed. In essence, telling MD residents, "We don't care about you, we sell enough to other states."
    But isn't Windham the former Bushmaster employees? Just get a Windham HBAR

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/about-us/company-history/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom