• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iSHOOT

Jan 6, 2010
    AA County
    might be a husband and wife that share a computer and ip address for both accounts? then again it might just be someone with WAY too much time on there hands. never thought id see the catfish thing coming to forums...

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    So are DD214,Norton, Joppa, and 2Sam22 the same guy?

Nope, we're actually quadruplets. Zoostation spent most of the last 25 years working as "Ms Cleo" and telling fortunes to would be lovebirds that called his 1-900 number.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    might be a husband and wife that share a computer and ip address for both accounts?

We have a few of those (and roommates) and those are obviously good to go. Now, I've never personally seen smokey and alucard at the same time...

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    OK...I'm finally getting caught up on a backlog of maintenance things and this morning have now found two members here posting under a total of 4 separate accounts.

This is a violation of forum rules, and it's damned weird to be honest, especially when you're posting in the same threads..

Here's the deal:

You have multiple accounts here? All of them are going away.

I'm here to tell you that this is a childish, passive aggressive ******** way of going about life and it just might earn you a lifetime ban from the community. You're no better than a common spammer to me.

If that's worth the thrill of thinking you're putting one over on us, have at it.

Everyone trips up at some point.

You've been warned.

Report your sock puppet accounts to us now, they'll be closed without censure. Anyone found after this is risking being perma banned on all accounts regardless of tenure here.

This offer expires at midnight 12/31/13.

Man I wish other forums were as diligent about this as you are. So much BS and headache could be avoided.

BRAVO!

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I have a serious question. I am not that savvy on how these individuals are identified. Is it by I.P.address or some other source site? My actual question is, if I share a computer with other individuals in my household and two or more of us are registered on this site, how does Norton know we are not the same people?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    IP address is certainly one way. I don't think you have a thing to be concerned about if you nobody at your house is trolling. I believe Norton's post is addressed to trolls.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I have a serious question. I am not that savvy on how these individuals are identified. Is it by I.P.address or some other source site? My actual question is, if I share a computer with other individuals in my household and two or more of us are registered on this site, how does Norton know we are not the same people?

IP address is a tool, but not the defining one. There's a lot that we use to build a case. If you'd be so kind, could you shoot a pm to Norton and just let him know which ones are in the same house? We're not trying to snoop on anyone's personal life here but that will help keep things simpler.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    might be a husband and wife that share a computer and ip address for both accounts? then again it might just be someone with WAY too much time on there hands. never thought id see the catfish thing coming to forums...

My wife and daughter have accounts here but neither of them can remember their usernames or passwords....they haven't logged onto the forum in a very long time.

That said, there is only one august1410.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    We have a few of those (and roommates) and those are obviously good to go. Now, I've never personally seen smokey and alucard at the same time...

I tried to get a friend to sign up using my home computer, and he never could, I figured due to the IP address.
    It was going to be easier for him to use my computer rather than his cell for the initial sign up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom