• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I am thinking the amount of sales are down right now? Sure, NICS checks may be up but shows and stores make money from accessories also and most just want a gun before the election (just a thought). AR's under $500. Ammo is cheaper than reloading. Once weekly sales emails are now daily. Things will pick back up. Put Hillary on the ticket and going to a gun show on day two may be fruitless. Just a thought.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    The waiting period for handgun purchases put a hit on gunshows too. I haven't purchased a handgun at a gun show since the waiting period went into effect. What is the point of buying a handgun at a show and then having to track down the dealer a week later. If I want a handgun, I just go to a local gun shop and that's that.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The MGA really set the ball rolling on this...whether they intended it or not. By banning certain rifles and high cap magazines it became too much of a burden for out-of-state vendors to keep their inventory segregated just for Maryland so they don't run afoul of the laws. Their choice was to not come into Maryland anymore which contributed to a downward spiral of fewer vendors and fewer customers at gun shows until it just became unprofitable. Add to that the localities trying to keep shows out and the deed was done. I hope Appalachian can make the shows come back and be profitable...we'll see how it turns out.

The MGA must be laughing...after all it wasn't their doing. They were simply passing "gun safety" laws for the children and it was the vendors who decided not to show up anymore. While I hate to give them credit for intelligence they normally don't possess...they snookered many with this one even if most possessing critical thinking abilities knew what was going to happen.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I am glad to see Appalachian picking up the Frederick and Howard County shows. I enjoy the Frederick show, even though it is small. It is close by and I always buy some parts. I have picked up a few things from Howard County in the past too. Fingers crossed they can make something work.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    I go to the Melbourne or Vero Beach Gun Show only $5 ...

I’ve been to the Melbourne show a couple of times and was amazed at the number of handguns. (No wait w/CCW) Ammo of all kinds was stacked deep and cheap.
    Can’t beat $5, just for the entertainment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I am glad to see Appalachian picking up the Frederick and Howard County shows. I enjoy the Frederick show, even though it is small. It is close by and I always buy some parts. I have picked up a few things from Howard County in the past too. Fingers crossed they can make something work.

Great news!!!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    They don't have any new Maryland shows on their website yet.

I think the dates are on the pamphlets that someone dropped off at AGC.
    If anyone is at AGC, please stop by the range house on the Barnes 100yd range and pick some up to post. Silly me, I did not take any cause I THOUGHT they would be on the website.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    There will be shows at the former Silverado locations at Howard County late January and Frederick County early February. Another promoter (who does the Timonium show) has picked up Fred & HoCo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom