• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    So actually, THIS should count as another entry! Look at this old tin sign I picked up at a flea market in Temperanceville, (on the Eastern Shore of VA) Pretty cool, huh?

0mQQEuq.jpg

Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    I don’t have any Ghurka cigars or I’d follow with a pic of my Kailash knife and a cigar. Perhaps someone else has that combo?

In again.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    modern style

So for those of us that have a kukri, would you buy a different style from kailash? Maybe a modern style.

spur and expedition look nice. Others here have purchased the spur.

Like I mentioned prior, these two are what I would like next, besides the giveaway and the ek chirra. Saw these two on the gallery, along with the dui I purchased. I got pricing from Andrew on the Xiphos and other knife- called a Dozum.

In again!!

Attachments

• badass knife (1).jpg
      badass knife (1).jpg
      20.3 KB · Views: 164
    • Xiphos custom.jpg
      Xiphos custom.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 139

Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    So for those of us that have a kukri, would you buy a different style from kailash? Maybe a modern style.

Spur on the modern side. Andrew posts some cool customs on Instagram that I’ve been interested in. On the traditional side I’m thinking a mini in 5” or 7”. Maybe both.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau

Maybe, but doubtful. I looked at their website, and while I WOULD (and most likely soon), buy a kuk from Kailash, it would be a traditional pattern, but reading about their improved blade geometry, it would include that feature also. Nothing wrong with an efficient update to a classic pattern.

Oh, and wait, I have ONE more Khukri related pic...

(please count this as a re-entry...)

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Just had to confirm that I can enter more than once and when the drawing was.

In again as a FYI

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    And finally, my last Khukri related item (I think); a sizable Chama sp?, I found at a flea market years ago.
    I bet it's old
    VM6KELZ.jpg

(Pls count this post as an entry, thx!)

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Can always order one. They have some inexpensive options. I got a cursive with my original scourge and it's a nice basic knife

So speaking of "can always order one", I'm centering up on Angkhola Ek Chirra, 13" full tang, polished, performance edge. I just don't know what a "Western Leather" sheath looks like, can you scrounge a pic of one?

Annnnd... count this post as an entry....

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    So speaking of "can always order one", I'm centering up on Angkhola Ek Chirra, 13" full tang, polished, performance edge. I just don't know what a "Western Leather" sheath looks like, can you scrounge a pic of one?

Here's my khukri again, the one on the top is from Kailash and has a western sheath. It's what you'd expect, two slabs of leather stitched together with snaps around the middle and handle, with a few grommets (the underside is shown here). It's well made and quite thick, and really grips the knife, though has begun to release it easier over time.

They started to stitch it with pink thread and Andrew emailed me asking... was that REALLY what I wanted? I ended up with orange... :D

I had some of the same questions before I ordered and recommended they had a page of options that showed the differences between finish, sheaths, handles, etc. I guess they still haven't added it.

Attachments

• 8-khukri-comparison.jpg
      8-khukri-comparison.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 142

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Go look at the pic of my Cursive in the other thread. That's what they define as western leather

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom