• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So, just repeal of HPRB and the passing of the transfer law.

I'm not considering SB1000 to be a "just" sorta thing. I hope everyone - EVERYONE - even those who can't fight the G&S fight just now personally - will write to or call Hogan's office and tell him he'll have substantial support for a veto on that destructive new bill. I've already done so more than once in more than one way, and will be doing so again. Tell him he'll gain, rather than lose political capital if he does the right thing. Hell, tell him whatever you think he needs to hear. It's about more than just the HPRB.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    You got that right. Dingleberry and Dumbass will have the same crap to throw against the wall to see if it will stick. Until then.... IN THEIR FACE! :party29:

Actually, this year was different than last year, and I am hoping they learned a lesson about a lot of this stuff they tried this year. I think the UBC bill will be back, because they were "this" close. The others might not see the light of day again. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Actually, this year was different than last year, and I am hoping they learned a lesson about a lot of this stuff they tried this year. I think the UBC bill will be back, because they were "this" close. The others might not see the light of day again. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

I have a hard time seeing "them" learn a lesson when they are so dead set in "their" view. Legends in their own minds. I am ready for next year. Liberal tears = conservative cheers! No offense to the Dems in this group. I know their are a handfull that fight harder than I have for our gun rights.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    He took a stand because it would have cost him votes, not because he is principled. Ask about how people on here feel about Zirkin and principles. Wasn't 2013 somewhat telling about Zirkin. Do I have the right guy?

Gonna have to agree here. Zirkin took a "stand" because he knew the bill was a loser in its original form. He's not stupid. He isn't a principled pro gun guy. He's a guy who knows what can pass and what won't hurt them.

What was Larry more likely to sign, a bill that still allowed gifting or a bill the required a check on everything?

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I'm not considering SB1000 to be a "just" sorta thing. I hope everyone - EVERYONE - even those who can't fight the G&S fight just now personally - will write to or call Hogan's office and tell him he'll have substantial support for a veto on that destructive new bill. I've already done so more than once in more than one way, and will be doing so again. Tell him he'll gain, rather than lose political capital if he does the right thing. Hell, tell him whatever you think he needs to hear. It's about more than just the HPRB.

Absolutely. Sine Die does not end this fight. We need to now shift our focus to the governor, and make the HPRB case to him.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I cant help but wonder if it was the demorats plan to flood the mga with many 2A anti gun bills to distract us so they could have a easier time to pass the bill to repeal the handgun permit review board? I do not think they counted on us to fight as hard as we did to prevent every bill to become law. The crown jewel for them was the bill to repeal the board to grab power away from Hogan because he enjoyed a very high rating while in office including some democrat personal.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I cant help but wonder if it was the demorats plan to flood the mga with many 2A anti gun bills to distract us so they could have a easier time to pass the bill to repeal the handgun permit review board? I do not think they counted on us to fight as hard as we did to prevent every bill to become law. The crown jewel for them was the bill to repeal the board to grab power away from Hogan because he enjoyed a very high rating while in office including some democrat personal.
    No, I doubt that the HPRB repeal was such a difficult proposition that the other bills were sacrificial lambs. They wanted to stop 3D printing of receivers, they wanted to have background checks on private sales of long guns, they wanted to change transfer laws (creating problems for family members that share a safe), and at least some of them wanted to change firearm storage requirements. They only pushed on the HPRB repeal because they expected a Hogan veto and wanted time to override. They didn't expect a veto on the other legislation. But leaving everything to the last minute and taking an absolutist position in negotiations with the Senate backfired on them.

Check out some of the MDA Twitter feeds. They're very upset about their LQL bill failing (although they'll conceal the fact that they wanted the whole enchilada and say that they're upset about the long gun private sale loophole not being passed).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Wow, a big thank you to MSI, MSRPA, PP, and everyone for all their work, emails, calls this session.

The HPRB getting axed (minus veto) is disappointing but it feels weird that’s the one that got fast tracked.

I think I’ll break out a contraband styrofoam cup to toast the occasion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    This is the heart of the entire matter. The center. The core. All that matters. And it will go completely unremarked-on by the MD/DC-area press and other media.

Yes, it exactly. Stove and Occam hit it dead on. I'm going to be looking for any opportunity to build on this message (throughout they year) to tell the legislators to focus on the criminals NOT the law-abiding. I'm open to any ideas to get the message across.

Thanks to all for the hard work.

Last edited:

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Yes, it exactly. Stove and Occam hit it dead on. I'm going to be looking for any opportunity to build on this message (throughout they year) to tell the legislators to focus on the criminals NOT the law-abiding. I'm open to any ideas to get the message across.

Thanks to all for the hard work.

^^^This. We need to be proactive, not reactive. The scum legislators who continually propose these infringements, need to be confronted at their offices and public events.

Ideally a sit down, to have a polite discussion and to "educate" them on who I committing the crime and murders (hint not us who follow the law). Show them support of harsher penalties for firearms related crimes and the like. You know, the bills they don't pass every year.

We need to go on the offensive to the legislators, just like the mommies do. It's a year round game now

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Great Summary.

I have a question, so please someone set me straight. I clearly do not understand the process.

If HB0096 and SB0346 were cross-filed, how is it that HB0096 is dead and SB0346 passed? Don't they both pass or is this saying that SB0346 passed in both the house and senate?:banghead:

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    ^^^This. We need to be proactive, not reactive. The scum legislators who continually propose these infringements, need to be confronted at their offices and public events.

Ideally a sit down, to have a polite discussion and to "educate" them on who I committing the crime and murders (hint not us who follow the law). Show them support of harsher penalties for firearms related crimes and the like. You know, the bills they don't pass every year.

We need to go on the offensive to the legislators, just like the mommies do. It's a year round game now

You said it better than I did...it is a year round game.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Thanks to PP, MSI, and all the other advocacy groups and Patriots who made their voices heard in Annapolis. Remember people that this fight has a financial cost associated, the least one can do is donate any spare change towards the folks who put in so much time and effort to protect our rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom