• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I get these personal donation notices from Amazon in my email and by visiting my account. I have not seen one before that shows how much all contributors have donated. That is quite a nice sum. Anyone that has a Prime Account, pick your favorite 2A charity and make sure you shop through smile.amazon.com

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, Second Amendment Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $14,466.23 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:
    $100,785.10 to Second Amendment Foundation
    $124,651,081.04 to all charities

Can MSI gain status as be approved as a charity and be an option for donations through Amazon? I am sure I am not the first person to suggest this, but I haven't seen it on here before.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I use smile to donate to SAF also. Today was the first time that I saw an email like the one above. 100K is not bad - but we can do better, right? :party29:

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Once upon a time you needed a link off the charity's web site to activate the donation, but no more. Now you can designate the charity of your choice directly from your account settings within Amazon. Then, simply go to smile.amazon.com rather than just amazon.com and poof - a small portion of every purchase automatically goes directly to your charity.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I got the same email. It's not much in the grand scheme of things but every bit helps and it feels good to reach 100k. Imagine if all gun owners in America directly gave just $1/year. It would rival the megalomaniac billionaire's funding of civil rights infringing.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I donate to the Mike Rowe Foundation. They raise money to help kids get in Technical Training schools.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I donate to the Mike Rowe Foundation. They raise money to help kids get in Technical Training schools.

We’ll aren’t you just a moms demand action ;)

Seriously i LOVE vocational/trade schools and applaud you for that! For most blue collar folks actual college is a suckers game until later (my profession included)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    We’ll aren’t you just a moms demand action ;)

Seriously i LOVE vocational/trade schools and applaud you for that! For most blue collar folks actual college is a suckers game until later (my profession included)

Not sure what you mean by that reference.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Not sure what you mean by that reference.

It was more of a joke since you weren’t donating to SAF like everyone else.

Jokes/sarcasm doesn’t translate on the internet when you can’t see faces or inflection.

I was actually kidding and applauding your choice of charity

Tried to hint at it with the emoji but you never can tell on the old internet

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Any idea how to use Smile on a Kindle Fire using the Amazon app?

Not sure but the url is smile.amazon.com

I give to NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund. I this a good one?

The problem is the Kindle uses it's own Amazon app that is always signed in, linked to my Amazon card. It is super effective at making it easy to earn points by buying all kinds of stuff quickly. :rolleyes: But...there is no url to type in. It's just its own thing. I poked around in the account settings, but couldn't find any mention of smile. I'm not very techie anymore though:o I'm hoping maybe someone here is.

I spend a lot this way, so it would be good to donate, too. I assumed that it kept my Smile preference from the computer, but I've never gotten the update email people are talking about. :tap:

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    Project Veritas is my worthy cause. It isn't much but I hope they do some good with it!

nNrBKUX.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom