• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Got this email last week:
    AGC/ARPC 3 GUN EVENT

APRIL 13th 2019

AGC ACTION SHOOTING and ARLINGTON RIFLE and PISTOL CLUB are combining on Saturday April 13th for a DYNAMIC 3 GUN EVENT on the AGC 200YD field.

We are using PRACTISCORE to register shooters and report match results. If you plan on attending registration on Practiscore is required. Please use the link below to Register.

Check in will be from 8:15 am till 8:45 am. Safety brief at 8:50 am. Match starts at 9:00 am. You MUST be checked in and attend the Safety Brief to participate in the match.

Setup will be at 8:00 am. Bring gloves to handle the steel.

Cost: $10.00

Ammo restrictions:

Pistol: 9mm-45 cal. suggested. No magnum rounds, no AR pistols.

Rifle: AR platform suggested. .223 or 5.56. No: magnum ammo, green tip 855, or armor piercing. No SBR's or AK's.

Shotgun: Shotshells: bird shot #7.5-#9. 1300fps or less. No Buckshot or steel shot. No SLUGS are required.

Please remember we are all VOLUNTEERS putting on these events. Please get involved and help where ever you can.

Lunch: hotdogs, brats, chips, cookies, drinks and water for a reasonable donation to the food fund. Bring some extra cash.

https://practiscore.com/april-13th-combined-agc-action-shooting-arpc-3-gun-event/register

Send any questions to actionadmin@associatedgunclubs.org

AGC ACTION SHOOTING COMMITTEE
    Anyone going?

And/or done these matches at AGC in the past? I checked out a few YouTube videos and they look well run.

Attachments

• AGC ARPC 3Gun April 2019.JPG
      AGC ARPC 3Gun April 2019.JPG
      89.4 KB · Views: 368

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I'm going to try to go Saturday (he says, replying to his own thread... )

My primary rifle is zeroed for FBIT3/green tip but I'll soot some XM193 or Q3131. Gotta scrounge up some belt-mounted mag pouches. I'll be the guy slowly single-loading shells into an 870 from my pockets...

cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    While I haven't been to one yet, I am a member of the Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club, and every event I have been to from them has been well put together. I did the carbine class a couple of weeks ago. If I wasn't teaching a NRA Basic Pistol course next Sat, I'd be attending that 3-gun event.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I was thinking about it. I don't have an appropriate shottie yet but might bring my Mossberg pump.

As an aside, I went to the action shoot last Thursday evening for the first time and it was small but fun. Several stations set up and you just get in line for the one you wanted to shoot and have at it. A mini IDPA type station, some poppers, a plate rack, a swinger, some 'hostage' steel targets, etc. It was only 5 bucks.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I was thinking about it. I don't have an appropriate shottie yet but might bring my Mossberg pump.

As an aside, I went to the action shoot last Thursday evening for the first time and it was small but fun. Several stations set up and you just get in line for the one you wanted to shoot and have at it. A mini IDPA type station, some poppers, a plate rack, a swinger, some 'hostage' steel targets, etc. It was only 5 bucks.

What time was that on Thursday? I work at the gun shop up in Finksburg and get off at 6, and could probably be there by 6:45...

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    An update on the match:
    APRIL 13th COMBINED AGC ACTION SHOOTING / ARPC 3 GUN EVENT

At this time we are planning to hold the 3 Gun Shoot on two separate AGC fields. The 200 and Action Shooting Field 1 on AGC Lane.

Please bring your carts, bags, or wagons to transport your equipment in a safe manner.

Muzzles must point in a safe direction and ECI’s will be required for all firearms that are not cased.
    I'm excited to get onto the action shooting range!

Attachments

• AGC ARPC 3Gun April 2019 update 1.JPG
      AGC ARPC 3Gun April 2019 update 1.JPG
      34.4 KB · Views: 241

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    What time was that on Thursday? I work at the gun shop up in Finksburg and get off at 6, and could probably be there by 6:45...

Hey Boss281 - 5:30 start but you can be late. Here’s the most recent schedule I have received:

Attachments

• DEB79465-F7A0-4F8D-AF1D-51B097D217CE.jpg
      DEB79465-F7A0-4F8D-AF1D-51B097D217CE.jpg
      77.5 KB · Views: 216

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Weather and setup update via email:
    APRIL 13th COMBINED AGC ACTION SHOOTING / ARPC 3 GUN EVENT
    There are 2 separate fields to setup in the morning.

If you are on Squad #1 meet Paul Casale at the Arlington Shed. It is located at left end of the 100 yard field. Park in the 200 parking area and walk over. You will be setting up the Action Shooting Field #1 on AGC lane.

If you are on Squad 2 meet Rick Hensley on the 200 field. The trailer will be there with the equipment.

Setup starts at 7:45 am for both.

There are a few names signed up for the event I did not recognize. Just a reminder you MUST be an AGC RANGE BADGE HOLDER to participate in the event.

SAFETY BRIEFING is at 8:45 am. If you miss the Safety brief you will not be able to participate in the event. Please be on time and help setup and breakdown when finished.

Bring gloves for setup.

It may be a little muddy and wet setting up so wear/bring appropriate boots or clothing.

We will monitor the weather but right now things look OK for tomorrow.
    I’m presumably one of the unrecognized names as it’s my first time out. Range badge holder since 2014 though.

Attachments

• ACF6DFCF-DCE2-4807-8B51-0486C243B07F.jpg
      ACF6DFCF-DCE2-4807-8B51-0486C243B07F.jpg
      55.7 KB · Views: 168

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Great match! Shot two very different but equally challenging stages.

AAR to follow, I’m still recovering from this and the AGC cleanup this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom