• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    My check was cashed on 7/19/19. It was approved on the 11/6/19. Now I need to figure out a host for this 22 suppressor while I wait for my call from the dealer

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Bolt gun? Savage or CZ

Pistol, I like the ruger 22/45

I was thinking of the 22/45 for a pistol. Somebody at the range mentioned the ruger mark4 has a target model that’s threaded. Atleast I think he said target.

I have a 10/22 which I was debating getting a threaded barrel for, but it would be a good reason to get another rifle too.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I was thinking of the 22/45 for a pistol. Somebody at the range mentioned the ruger mark4 has a target model that’s threaded. Atleast I think he said target.

I have a 10/22 which I was debating getting a threaded barrel for, but it would be a good reason to get another rifle too.

I went through the same thing a few years ago. Thread a barrel is ~$140 or so. That's 1/2 the price of a decent bolt gun, that will be quieter than a semi. I choose the bolt route.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I get quite a hoot out using my 22/45 MK-IV suppressed. Also move the can over to a Ruger Precision Rimfire bolt gun, which is hilariously quiet and accurate.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    As I have said many times, using a can on a bolt 22 with good subs will make you giggle like a school girl. Even standard velocity like CCI standard works very well.
    My favorite pistol is a buck mark. I do have a factory threaded 22/45 as well.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I did giggle like a school girl after I loaded up some subsonic for my 308 bolt gun and can. It was so stinking quiet. I kid you not, it was probably quieter than the staple gun we used to hang our targets.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have a DA Mask in NFA jail, but have been running my 22 stuff with my Optimus, it's big and heavy, but works well. Can't reccomend the Ruger MK4 22/45 Lite enough, makes a great host, light enough to keep good balance, even with the 13oz optimus, was perfect with a buddy's sparrow up front. Decent out of the box, the VQ trigger made it perfect, easily my favorite 22 pistol I have ever shot. For my 10/22 I just swapped on a KSA threaded barrel(had a Green mountain on it that had jamming issues anyway) the $140 KSA #10060 barrel is great, feeds fine, accurate, perfectly concentric. Have run a 16" 22LR AR with it too, but really want to build a short 4" or 9" AR braced pistol in 22LR, think that would be the perfect host for kids to shoot.

20190823_204536.jpg

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Have a DA Mask in NFA jail, but have been running my 22 stuff with my Optimus, it's big and heavy, but works well. Can't reccomend the Ruger MK4 22/45 Lite enough, makes a great host, light enough to keep good balance, even with the 13oz optimus, was perfect with a buddy's sparrow up front. Decent out of the box, the VQ trigger made it perfect, easily my favorite 22 pistol I have ever shot. For my 10/22 I just swapped on a KSA threaded barrel(had a Green mountain on it that had jamming issues anyway) the $140 KSA #10060 barrel is great, feeds fine, accurate, perfectly concentric. Have run a 16" 22LR AR with it too, but really want to build a short 4" or 9" AR braced pistol in 22LR, think that would be the perfect host for kids to shoot.

View attachment 271164

What did you end up paying for your DA Mask ?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    What did you end up paying for your DA Mask ?

$399+tax from Lanco tactical. seems to be the going rate, and it was on the shelf, so could get paperwork done and sent the same day. They are primarily a SiCo dealer, but have had enough people order the Mask, and they like it well enough to stock it. Was looking into the new Grifffin Resistance 22 being I already have a lot of Griffin stuff, but didn't want AL baffles, and have no intention of using it for it's modular or 5.56 capabilities.

Afdiesel

Mar 7, 2013
    Middletown
    Form 4 MG trust, 2 responsible people submitted September 1st 2018, approved November 24’th 2019. Just shy of 15 months. Not counting the 5 month wait on the form 4 out of state to the dealer.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Ordered a YHM Turbo K Naked edition to put on a 12.5" dedicated suppressed AR I am building out. Hopefully Virginia doesn't outlaw silencers in 2020.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    $399+tax from Lanco tactical. seems to be the going rate, and it was on the shelf, so could get paperwork done and sent the same day. They are primarily a SiCo dealer, but have had enough people order the Mask, and they like it well enough to stock it. Was looking into the new Grifffin Resistance 22 being I already have a lot of Griffin stuff, but didn't want AL baffles, and have no intention of using it for it's modular or 5.56 capabilities.

is that the Lanco tactical in Elizabethtown Pa ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom