• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I searched and found some older posts about these talking about firmware issues. Looking at recent reviews they seem to be getting positive feedback. Anyone want to share their thoughts on the scope? I have been looking at these for a bit and came across a package deal on optics planet that includes the illuminator external battery, etc etc....
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/opmod-...t-ultra-hd-day-night-hunting-rifle-scope.html

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They're digital NV. They're OK as digital NV goes, but you'll need a decent IR illuminator to do much work with it. There's also the matter that there's not a whole lot of places to go shooting in the dark.

The cool kids are now running Sionyx Auroras and helmet-mounting them in bino configuration (you can also rifle-mount, if you feel like it). In fact, besides the color NV, the Aurora has one other very interesting feature, which is that it can see in parts of the spectrum that gen3 cannot; if you get the right illuminator, you can run it without being visible to traditional NV. If I had money to burn, it would definitely be on a pair of Auroras on a helmet. Alas, the bonus this year is probably going to be for a new safe and home renovations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom