• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I'm looking for a place where I can go hunt birds (wild and/or stocked), take my own dog, and just hunt on my own (no guide or group). I hear these exist in the state. Anyone have any ideas? I'd prefer something I can just do as time permits (no commitments), but I wouldn't be opposed to joining for the year to try it out.

I'm in FredCo, but I understand I'll have better luck with this type of thing on the shore.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'm looking for a place where I can go hunt birds (wild and/or stocked), take my own dog, and just hunt on my own (no guide or group). I hear these exist in the state. Anyone have any ideas? I'd prefer something I can just do as time permits (no commitments), but I wouldn't be opposed to joining for the year to try it out.

I'm in FredCo, but I understand I'll have better luck with this type of thing on the shore.

I looked into one about a decade ago on the Eastern Shore. It was something like $1,800 a year with a initial deposit of something like $3,000. If I wanted to hunt deer, there was an additional yearly fee. Had to do two work days. When I initially visited with my dad, the rules said I could bring a guest whenever I wanted and as many times as I wanted during the year. Made the mistake of mentioning that my dad did not have to get a membership then. By the time I drove home from the place, the rules had been changed. Also, had to reserve blind sites in advance and it was a first come first serve basis. Cannot remember how they dealt with fairness if I went ahead and booked every complete weekend for the entire season.

A buddy of mine runs a hunt club on the Potomac just north of the Ferry in MoCo. No idea what that costs, but the dove hunting is awesome over there. Have yet to go waterfowling, but have seen his pics. It looks good for waterfowling too.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    A buddy of mine runs a hunt club on the Potomac just north of the Ferry in MoCo. No idea what that costs, but the dove hunting is awesome over there. Have yet to go waterfowling, but have seen his pics. It looks good for waterfowling too.

What's the name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom