• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Hiring for the following:
    Maintenance Traineee Rail Car, a student level position leading to graduation from WMATA Technical Skills Program (TSP) and assignment as a "C" level Rail Car Mechanic

Traction Power Maintenance Trainee, program is a 24-month program combining classroom instruction and on the job training on all aspects of the power distribution system at Metro. At the end of this trainee program, trainees will become a Level "C" TRPM Technicion.

Metro offers competitive pay, health benefits, pension, technical training, on the job training along with mentoring and coaching. Pay starts at $23.30 per hour and progressively increases to $33.29 upon completion of the two year program.

Apply at wmata.com/careers and search for the above programs

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Anyone know if WMATA is hiring more people to not clean the trains? That's the gig I want. Whoever runs that crew does an outstanding job. Those trains never look anywhere close to clean. Pure, government-managed professionalism right there. Probably the same team that put us on the moon.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I really appreciate your links as I am an electrical instructor with contact to multiple young people who fit these opportunities. The problem I have is dealing with WMATA's website. I see the RAIL C Trainee position but it is listed as closing in August. I cannot locate the Traction Power Trainee opening at all. Any insight ?

Again Thanks for helping young people get into good paying jobs !

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Anyone know if WMATA is hiring more people to not clean the trains? That's the gig I want. Whoever runs that crew does an outstanding job. Those trains never look anywhere close to clean. Pure, government-managed professionalism right there. Probably the same team that put us on the moon.

I worked with a guy that basically held 2 FT Jobs and one was this exact position you describe. He stated the most important piece of equipment used on the job was an alarm clock.
    They would work about an hour, turn off the lights and sleep thru the rest of the shift.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    The satire in regards to the cleaning of the trains is not appreciated. I would love to give you the opportunity to try to keep the equipment in public transportation clean and neat, while hauling several hundred thousand riders a day. This may shock you but, some people are not the cleanest creatures on earth. Every night each piece of equipment is serviced, cleaned, and inspected. Bit shocking what is found, bagged and hauled off the equipment daily.
    In regard to the job posting, I will look into the issue you see.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Just checked the listing for Rail Car trainee. Posting opened yesterday (11/25/19) and runs 12/19/19. Job ID number is 190929. I see the old listing is still visible, suspect it will be removed shortly. Looking into the other listing to find the Job ID number.
    Job ID 190636 closing date is being updated to reflect that the position is open.
    There are many positions available in both openings. I cannot stress enough what a great opportunity this presents for a young person or those that want to switch careers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom