• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I clicked on info for a 4 round, bolt action rifle, and CTD states they will not ship to my zip code. I sent the following message to Cheaper than Dirt Support.

"Can you tell me why you will not ship a bolt action rifle to an FFL in Maryland (e.g., Winchester Bolt action in 30-06 UPC 048702007866) ? Don't you think that's a little ridiculous considering there are numerous vendors that will ship a bolt action rifle to an FFL in Maryland?"

I received the following reply:

"Greetings,
    I would be happy to assist you. Unfortunately we do not ship any firearms to the State of Maryland per company policy and local restrictions. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

What local restriction prevents a Maryland resident from purchasing a 4 round, bolt action rifle from a local FFL? Am I missing something?

I'm glad the CTD is doing SO WELL that they don't need my business. They must be fat from all the gouging they have done in the past. :mad54:

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Why are you even considering buying from those asshats anyway? See the numerous threads where they cancelled people's ammo orders during the 2013 panic and then relisted the same ammo for twice the price.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I clicked on info for a 4 round, bolt action rifle, and CTD states they will not ship to my zip code. I sent the following message to Cheaper than Dirt Support.

"Can you tell me why you will not ship a bolt action rifle to an FFL in Maryland (e.g., Winchester Bolt action in 30-06 UPC 048702007866) ? Don't you think that's a little ridiculous considering there are numerous vendors that will ship a bolt action rifle to an FFL in Maryland?"

"Greetings,
    I would be happy to assist you. Unfortunately we do not ship any firearms to the State of Maryland per company policy and local restrictions. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

What local restriction prevents a Maryland resident from purchasing a 4 round, bolt action rifle from a local FFL? Am I missing something?

I'm glad the CTD is doing SO WELL that they don't need my business. They must be fat from all the gouging they have done in the past. :mad54:

Welcome to the party. No one I know buys anything from CTD. Ripping off gun owners is their main business plan, not shipping is an added bonus. They are famous for canceling orders and then increasing prices on things like ammo and mags when a panic hits. "You ordered two days ago? Too bad for you. Log back in and buy at double the price."

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Thankfully I joined as a 13’er and saw the warnings about CTD and learned to stay away from them. They should rename themselves as Carpetbaggers Are Dirt

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Honestly can’t say I blame them. Between our stupid gun laws and the butt hurt they get on MDS about near decade old matters, why would they give a crap about Maryland?

Why are you even considering buying from those asshats anyway? See the numerous threads where they cancelled people's ammo orders during the 2013 panic and then relisted the same ammo for twice the price.

You're absolutely right. I am amazed by the arrogance of this vendor.

They did it to me personally the day after Sandy Hook.
    1000rds of Wolf 7.62x39 for $200 was cancelled due to being "out of stock". They relisted it (same sku) a few hours later for something like $500.

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Dirtier than Cheap.
    I have given um $ early in my online shopping
    Looking at all the issues and the prices
    Nope. Lots better places for my $s to go
    Slicky boys never really change their stripes
    Hate Doing Business while playin cya and looking out
    For the screw job.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    They did it to me personally the day after Sandy Hook.
    1000rds of Wolf 7.62x39 for $200 was cancelled due to being "out of stock". They relisted it (same sku) a few hours later for something like $500.

You were number one in my mind as to whom got bent over by them but I figured I'd let you chime in (at least as much as I couldn't remember the exact order that you got the shaft over, lol).

Last few comments answer OP’s question about why they don’t do business in Maryland.

They most certainly do business here. They do ship ammo and 10 rounders (I think so on the mags). No state in the union bans bolt action guns (yet). There's no reason not to ship that especially since it's going to an FFL who can order anything. Why are you defending them?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    They most certainly do business here. They do ship ammo and 10 rounders (I think so on the mags). No state in the union bans bolt action guns (yet). There's no reason not to ship that especially since it's going to an FFL who can order anything. Why are you defending them?

I would t say I’m defending them, but I understand why they wouldn’t do Marylanders any favors considering our laws and all the hate that MDS gives them.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

"Greetings,

Stop the bitching already. Their house their rules. Blame Maryland the REAL reason. As most have already stated, why are you even doing business with them with their history noted on this forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom