• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    First---I have an awesome wife. She gave me the go-ahead to purchase a Benelli M3 I've had my eyes on for awhile. Gun Broker...so shipping will take a couple of days. Until then I have a couple of questions for the MDS brain trust. I'm thinking I would like to add an extended magazine tube on this firearm in the not too distant future. I've seen several photos from MDS members who own shotguns with extended magazine tubes so I'm guessing they are pretty much legal with out too much difficulty...but since it is Maryland I feel the need to ask. Also, there was a Benelli M1 thread (I think) where someone posted several OE parts on the Benelli M1 would need to be swapped out in order for the tube extension to be ATF legal... (922R?)so that is another question I have about the M3. Will I need to swap out some parts on the M3 in order to add the extended magazine tube and keep it legal? Thanks in advance for the help!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There's no problem with MD law. You could theoretically run afoul of 922r, so replacing parts might be a thing, but this is realistically not something you'd ever get busted for.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I have an H&K marked Benelli M1S90. I prefer the Nordic components mag extension (made in USA) and a GG&G barrel/mag clamp. I found the Nordic Comp to be better made and looks better than the OE one

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I have an H&K marked Benelli M1S90. I prefer the Nordic components mag extension (made in USA) and a GG&G barrel/mag clamp. I found the Nordic Comp to be better made and looks better than the OE one

Thanks...I'll be looking into those--

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    There's no problem with MD law. You could theoretically run afoul of 922r, so replacing parts might be a thing, but this is realistically not something you'd ever get busted for.

Much appreciated... I'll definitely be delving into this whole 922r thing just for grins and giggles if nothing else--

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Someone explain what 922R has to do with a complete firearm that he is not assembling?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Someone explain what 922R has to do with a complete firearm that he is not assembling?

Here is an explanation as it applies to the Benelli M4. I know I read this law up and down a couple of years ago when I got my M4 and decided to do a Form 1 SBS on it. I have forgotten a lot about how I arrived at the conclusion that I must swap out 3 parts for Made in USA parts, but that was my conclusion.

https://freedomfightertactical.com/pages/922r-faq

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas

Attachments

• 20181211_113548.1.jpg
      20181211_113548.1.jpg
      40.8 KB · Views: 1,758

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I got a two shot Sure Cycle tube extension for my M3. I like it just fine. The picture is so you can see how it matches up with the length of the barrel.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/product-display.html?Product_Code=M3EXT

https://www.surecycle.com/collections/magazine-ext-tubes/products/m3-ext

Very nice! Thanks for posting the pic...it's helpful. Glad you are pleased with the Sure Cycle--- In the beginnings of looking at who made what and what is available for the modification... I was not seeing overwhelmingly good reviews on the Sure Cycle. I'll make sure to give them a good look--thanks again!

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    If you decide to comply with 922(r), these folks have the parts for 922(r) compliance, BUT they always are OOS (Out of Stock), will take backorders (they will charge you now), and will not ship partial orders. I have ordered in stock items with no issues, so be prepared.

https://freedomfightertactical.com/collections/benelli-m1-super-90-shotgun-parts-and-accessories

They tell you what parts are interchangeable with M1-M2-M3 models.

Q
    Very helpful link--Thank You!

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Update

I've been tinkering around with mods to this Benelli M3 Super 90. So today I finally sent out the trigger group to the folks at Briley MFG in Houston, TX so that they could do a conversion to the trigger group which, when completed, would bring the shotgun into 922r compliance. Was ready to pull the trigger (no pun intended) to procure the parts required from Freedom Fighter Tactical and do the work in-house-- alas as Q Beam pointed out in his post above--they were OOS with an ETA for re-stock "sometime this spring". So..off to the folks at Briley...they say 3-5 weeks for the turn-around. I'll post an update of the actual turn-around time and thoughts on the trigger job once I get her all back together-- Thanks again for all the input!

List of Mods:
    -Taran Tactical oversize safety
    -Sure-Cycle 2 round magazine extension (had to replace their spring that comes with it--wasn't consistently feeding the last round)
    -Replaced Pistol Grip stock with standard Benelli stock
    -GG&G Stainless steel/aluminum follower
    -Nordic magazine spring
    -GG&G slotted charging handle

Attachments

• ljIKFqIcRrCPZlkckNdrRg.jpg
      ljIKFqIcRrCPZlkckNdrRg.jpg
      148.5 KB · Views: 350

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Update 2: The folks from Briley MFG. called around 1130 local today and told me the trigger job was complete and they would be shipping out the trigger group via UPS this afternoon...after I paid of course. So--the nice lady on the phone told me it should be here NLT Wednesday next week. Soooo...their web site said the trigger job would take 3-5 weeks. As of today they have had the trigger group in their hands just 2 weeks! Now-- so far I'm extremely impressed from the first phone call with the folks at Briley up to the interaction today--. When the trigger group gets back I'll take a photo or two and get the M3 to the range ASAP to deliver a post-range report.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Anyone have an M3T. Had a gun magazine with a write up about them...now it is on my want list. I know the SPAS12 and Streetsweeper are no goes in this state...are the M3Ts legal to own in MD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom