• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BinaryBoris

On YouTube: "NotAGunGuy"
    Jan 6, 2015
    OK I *may* have been one of the few who was able to order a 4" non-hand select with a regular blued (but worn) finish in the 45 minutes or so before they were sold out.

Here's a question that will evoke either praise or scorn:

If the one I get is cosmetically rough looking, would I be insane to consider duracoating it? I realize these are some of the finest (if not the finest) combat revolvers ever produced - so I don't want to eff something up mechanically with a duracoat job.

But, I am also interested in its indestructible characteristics and insanely good accuracy.

Which would be more ideal: Duracoating it or leaving it looking like a beater (yet shooting like a dream)?

BinaryBoris

On YouTube: "NotAGunGuy"
    Jan 6, 2015
    Just a heads up: I called AIM this morning and they had 9 "X Grade" Manurhins that they did not advertise. According to the guy I talked to on the phone, these are likely to have cracks on the grips and more surface wear (scratches, etc).

The best part? They're $100 off, so they run $399 shipped.

They had 9 but they now have at most 8, because at that price I had to order one.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Hopefully they'll find another cache of them in 10 years or so, when they're C&R eligible.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They had them again today ...

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CHG3250P
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CHG3250

I got an email alert at 5:07pm. I was in a meeting that began at 5:05pm (was supposed to be at 5pm, but the person arrived late to my office). Meeting finished at 6:30pm. I saw the notification in my email ... jumped on the phone to get off the work internet ... went to the webpages ... and both were sold out. :(

If only my person was 10 minutes late, I would have seen the email and gotten the order in.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    They had them again today ...

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CHG3250P
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CHG3250

I got an email alert at 5:07pm. I was in a meeting that began at 5:05pm (was supposed to be at 5pm, but the person arrived late to my office). Meeting finished at 6:30pm. I saw the notification in my email ... jumped on the phone to get off the work internet ... went to the webpages ... and both were sold out. :(

If only my person was 10 minutes late, I would have seen the email and gotten the order in.

What would you expect after 1 hour and 23 minutes?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I still had to check. Last time I posted a notice about Bulgarian Makarovs at AIM in Excellent condition, they were also gone within minutes - and I got mine.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Product Specs
    Type: Revolver
    Action: Single/Double
    Caliber: 357 Magnum Barrel Length: 4.0" or 3.0"
    Capacity: 6
    Country of Manufacture United States
    License Requirement FFL
    Manufacturer Manurhin
    Mfg. Part Number MR73
    Caliber/Gauge .357

Made in the US eh? LOL

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Ha, that's Classic. Still in stock. AIM sold out quick the last they had inventory.

The Classic description is quite impressive/dramatic ...

The Manurhin MR73 is a French made, double-action revolver chambered in .357 Magnum. It was standard issue with France's Gendarmerie and police units including Special Weapons and Tactics Teams (RAID, GIGN and others).

The MR73 is a precision made, match grade accurate pistol that when shipped new was required to produce groupings of no more than 20mm (0.8 inch) diameter when fired from 25 meters. They are also tough as nails... well even tougher really.

The frame, cylinder, and barrel of the MR73 are made from ordnance-certified, alloyed steel. Barrels are manufactured by cold-hammering and the rifling is formed during the forging process. This creates an extremely hard and glass-smooth internal barrel surface.

The MR73 has a unique adjustable trigger in both the single-action and double-action modes utilizing adjustment screws and a roller bearing trigger mechanism. That's an incredible feature we have not seen in any other revolver.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    Damn it! I just bought a CZ 75 this morning. Oh well, I'm still happy either way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom