Freestate is Offering a New Hampshire CCW Course???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i used the USAcarry.com map builder and put in only NH non resident. results below.

guess both sites are wrong :sarcasm:

Attachments

• usacarry.JPG
      usacarry.JPG
      98.3 KB · Views: 191
    Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    seems trying to show the difference between the preamble and item 1 which actually describes the terms of agreement is not adequate.

I have no issues with other interpretations.

do what you feel comfortable with.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Class price comparisons -

Utah, aprox 4 hours , price range $60-125 .

Freestate's class in question @$100 for 3 hours is just above the unit rate for high end of Utah classes . Freestate did have to design curricula from scratch instead of basing from State of Utah provided outline.

My interpetation - High , but not shockingly above what some providers charge for Utah . Would I take This class from Freestate? No . Would someone without CCW experience, or obsessive compulsive habit of studying gun and self defense statutes and case law learn important knowledge from it ? Probably.

Kinda faint praise , but its usefulness is greater than zero . IF the class descriptions are change to more accurately represent the listed content.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    $100 may be worth it to some people. Especially considering the amount of people that come here and want their hand held through the whole process and second-guess every line on the application form (see NH permit thread). I'd recommend they pay and go just for their own peace of mind.

Me, I wouldn't spend the money. PA carry laws are pretty simple and nonrestrictive compared to other neighboring states.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No one seems to be disputing that. The issue is the lack of a disclosure about the NH requirements which are minimal, the most important of which is no training.required

just my .02.

YMMV

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Well, I believe LifeLock offers a credit protection service that you can accomplish on your own with calls to the credit agencies.

Lifelock becomes an assurance/education/guidance program then.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I bet LL doesn't tell you that this can be accomplished on your own either.

I don't subscribe to their service.

Smart consumers do their own research.

Caveat Emptor.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Okay, I just got off the phone with Randy at Freestate. He's aware of this thread. He told me that this course is a refresher/informational class. I told him that many thought the New Hampshire thing was a little misleading and he agreed. He said that they wanted to put out a course to give information about the legalities, the restrictions of carrying in PA. I guess the class will also help you with the paperwork for the NH license too.

He was a little taken aback by some of the remarks. He appreciated the fact that I called to get the details.

Bottom line: Is it advertised correctly, my opinion, it is not. Does it seem to be misleading, my opinion, yes it does. Did they mean to misrepresent this class, again in my opinion, they did not. I think they tried to combine a few ideas together and package it as one class.

Randy said that they are looking at it now and that they would be addressing the issue.

I hope this puts to rest the idea that they are just trying to make a quick buck. Again, we have to remember that not all firearm enthusiasts are as up to date on all of the things we take for granted. We are some of the most knowledgeable gun owners anywhere in the country. Many Marylanders who own firearms are not that connected as we here at MDS are. That's a fact.

I hope this helped.

Then he should have simply stated that in the ad. Let him be butt hurt.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Spoke with PA Attorney General office yesterday, and while they prefaced by saying 'what follows is not legal advice ......' the lady did say ANY holder of a New Hampshire non-resident permit may carry concealed in PA.

She was aware of the preamble part about 'Residents of NH and PA', but said their office was instructed to say (with 'not legal advice' disclaimer) that any lawful holder of a NH non-resident permit is good to go in PA.

They will only issue opinions to state agencies, not citizens.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Most of us figured that out.

:sad20:

They agree with the majority of us in their interpretation of the agreement.

But thanks for the extra effort.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    The consensus here was:
    1: Only NH NON-resident was honored - OP brochure
    2: Only Texas and NH Non-resident was honored - Swinokur
    3: Pennsylvania Honors Non-Resident Permits/Licenses From the States They Honor Except for Arizona, Florida, Mississippi, Utah and Virginia. They have agreements that specifically states “Legal Resident of AZ, FL, MS, UT and VA". Handgunlaw.us pa

So I usually form my own opinion when there is confusion. especially when the PA PDF says "Citizens of". Even the States Attorney's office says, Yeah we know what it says, this is what we are told to say it means.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The consensus here was:
    1: Only NH NON-resident was honored - OP brochure
    2: Only Texas and NH Non-resident was honored - Swinokur
    3: Pennsylvania Honors Non-Resident Permits/Licenses From the States They Honor Except for Arizona, Florida, Mississippi, Utah and Virginia. They have agreements that specifically states “Legal Resident of AZ, FL, MS, UT and VA". Handgunlaw.us pa

So I usually form my own opinion when there is confusion. especially when the PA PDF says "Citizens of". Even the States Attorney's office says, Yeah we know what it says, this is what we are told to say it means.
    You were the only one with that opinion and apparently the PA AG doesn't agree with you otherwise they would have said the preamble is what we agree with and it only applies to citizens of those states

But that's not the case. They agree with item 1 in the actual agreement as was pointed out.

get over it.

:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom