• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 2, 2017
    Mornin' folks,

What's everyone's thoughts on the Maryland legal 18 inch X95s? I am interested in entering the world of Bullpups and bummed that (given the chance) my first choice being the Steyr AUG is not an option.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have a pre-ban 18" Tavor, and it's a beast of a rifle. If you can live with their choice of a muzzle device, the X95-18RS not a bad option. Otherwise, get your local shop to perma-pin a better/longer muzzle device to make OAL to a regular X95-18.

I hold out hope that, one day, the MSP will stop being stupid and applying the copycat criteria to SBRs, at which point I will build a proper X95 SBR. :)

Jun 2, 2017
    United recently got a some in stock and they have my attention.

attachment.php

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    they look so funny with that huge flash hider. But it's better than nothing I suppose.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Personally, I would rather they come out with a 20" barrel version so that I could throw a suppressor on it. I haven't shot one but I've read in several places the the trigger is pretty bad on these and that even the expensive aftermarket triggers aren't that great. I guess it has to do with the offset from where the trigger is to where the hammer is.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Unless they come down in price A LOT I'd stick to the AR platform with readily available parts. You could buy an brand new Colt AR, SBR it, and still be well under the price of a Tavor.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've read in several places the the trigger is pretty bad on these and that even the expensive aftermarket triggers aren't that great.
    The X95 comes from the factory with the improved trigger pack that makes the trigger a lot better.

Unless they come down in price A LOT I'd stick to the AR platform with readily available parts. You could buy an brand new Colt AR, SBR it, and still be well under the price of a Tavor.
    OP asked for a bullpup, and I'm pretty sure the AR-15 isn't a bullpup. Also, spare parts are readily available for the Tavor from IWI-US' online store. The Tavor and X95 are very well-supported platforms for non-AR/AK guns.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The X95 comes from the factory with the improved trigger pack that makes the trigger a lot better.

OP asked for a bullpup, and I'm pretty sure the AR-15 isn't a bullpup. Also, spare parts are readily available for the Tavor from IWI-US' online store. The Tavor and X95 are very well-supported platforms for non-AR/AK guns.

What do you mean the AR-15 isn't a bullpup?

The evidence would suggest otherwise. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hXQk6_dg_

:lol:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    There 16 inch and 18 inch standard Tavors new in box at Chantilly for $1250.00 each.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There 16 inch and 18 inch standard Tavors new in box at Chantilly for $1250.00 each.
    Unfortunately, they don't meet MD OAL. But if they're $1250, that's a SUPER LOW price. Stunningly so, given that the lowest price on GB is like... $1450. Nice deal for VA residents, and while the X95 is a bit better, it's not THAT much better.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Unfortunately, they don't meet MD OAL. But if they're $1250, that's a SUPER LOW price. Stunningly so, given that the lowest price on GB is like... $1450. Nice deal for VA residents, and while the X95 is a bit better, it's not THAT much better.

Agreed ! I had bought the 2 I had from the same dealer when they first came out and believed I paid closer to $1900.00 . I Believe he is just dumping inventory . All his IWI guns were dirt cheap.

Jun 2, 2017
    I would wait for the attrox aug coming

Are you thinking of the Lithgow Atrax? They've peaked my interest while looking at bullpups. I think I read they were coming stateside this September. Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if MD wagged it's finger at them for being too Steyr-AUG-y

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom