• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So, I have a few soft rifle cases I bought when I started shooting like a decade ago. These were cheap NCStar cases, and, surprise, they're falling apart now.

I need some recommendations on good quality soft rifle cases. I am generally interested in single cases, but if you've got a great double to tell me about, please do so.

Some qualities that are important to me:
    1. Magazine storage (mag types I run are AK, AR, G3/FAL/M1A, MP5, Uzi, Glock, and Saiga 12)
    2. Accommodate MSRs with mounted optics. (I have had issues with total rifle height becoming a problem.)
    3. Able to handle a 47" OAL Finn M39.
    4. Shoulder strap.

I don't need a single type of soft case that handles all these different use cases. If you've got an amazing AK soft case and an amazing long soft case for the M39, I can buy both.

Thanks!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    midway has really good cases (their own brand), think i saw some on sale recently

Seconded. I've got their 42" scoped rifle case and it is nice. Fits my 20" scoped AR in there, barely (sans magazine). It also fits my scoped 10/22 with space to spare, my 26" barreled single shot shotgun, barely and my muzzleloader fine (what I got it for originally). I think they make it in 36" and 46 or 48" sizes.

I also have their 42" tactical rifle case, specifically for my 20" scoped AR. It has mag pouches and a few small zippered pockets. Good material and weave on it. I could fit my 16" upper in there too, but I'd need something to keep them from rubbing together, like a t-shirt stuffed in there.

I have a few other shotgun and rifle soft cases.

Speaking of NCStar, they may have stepped up their game in recent years. I got a VISM AR/AK/subgun case for my 10.5" AR pistol since it fits a 26" OAL in the case with mag pouches and it is pretty good quality. I was actually surprised at the level of quality. My Midway cases are nicer, but not by a whole hell of a lot.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I have this one from Sportsman's Guide and love it. Mag pockets will hold two 30 rd AR mags.
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...al-gun-case-with-5-magazine-pockets?a=1931925

Also have this one. Haven't used it yet but it's the same brand and construction feels good like the other case. Has backpack straps and mag pockets hold two mags.
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/hq-issue-2-rifle-case?a=1857116

Edit: You're pretty close to me (I'm in Glenmont) and would be happy to let you take a look at them. And if you're not a SG member I could order them for you to get the better price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom