• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You don't have to go to Utah to get Utah permit training. I can teach it in any state, some foreign countries or even in international waters.

PA does not honor a UT NR permit. How does this solve the OP's problem of carrying in PA?

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    I can't recall ever seeing anyone ever OC in PA. Is it really "generally accepted"?

I see OC in York/Hellam quite a bit. I would expect to see it much more when the weather starts to warm up a bit. Problem is that unless you going to a range you can not travel with your carry piece in your car so most have a license to carry firearms just because it gives them options of how they want to carry. With people still wearing jackets CC is still the preferred method of carry.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I'm trying to determine which Non-Resident Permits PA will accept.

It seems like Texas is the only reciprocity agreement, that does not require you to be a resident of Texas.

Anyone else have any other solutions ?

Get a New Hampshire permit. You can do it through the mail and as of 2 days ago it is still accepted.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'd like proof of that before I spend money on an application. It's a state police interpretation according to what I have read.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I got mine long before I got one for MD. You can apply with any other permit and statement that MD does not issue permits except for special cases. I don't know anyone who has been denied by them.
    Did you read that somewhere? The instructions specifically say "state ... in which you reside."

Did you send in a note with out ever speaking to a New Hampshire official? Seems weird they'd disregard their own requirements based on an 'Epstein's Mother' note.

Glad it worked out for you.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This is not the final word, but handgunlaw.us has the following. They keep up with this stuff.

Attached is the referenced SAF-C-2012.3. It makes no exceptions for states that only issue under special conditions. from the actual document.

the last screen grab is taken directly from the NR Application.

Attachments

• nh.jpg
      nh.jpg
      20.4 KB · Views: 343
    • Saf-C2100.pdf
      128.6 KB · Views: 140
    • saf.jpg
      saf.jpg
      29.8 KB · Views: 349
    • app.jpg
      app.jpg
      28.8 KB · Views: 351

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I got mine long before I got one for MD. You can apply with any other permit and statement that MD does not issue permits except for special cases. I don't know anyone who has been denied by them.
    Looks like N. H. changed the application in July 2013. I will call later today to ask about Marylanders with other Non-Res permits but no MD permit.

balext, when you applied, did they contact any of your three references? Did you put 'self-defense as the reason for requesting the permit?

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    Looks like N. H. changed the application in July 2013. I will call later today to ask about Marylanders with other Non-Res permits but no MD permit.

balext, when you applied, did they contact any of your three references? Did you put 'self-defense as the reason for requesting the permit?

They didn't contact anyone. My reason was for training and self defense. It was about 3.5 years ago that I got my permit and so did few of my friends. It was about 6-7 months before I got my MD permit.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Per an email response from New Hampshire licensing, no more non-resident permits (with out a Maryland permit) for us.

I hate getting lumped in with New Jersey. :(

Permits And Licensing <PermitsAndLicensing@DOS.NH.GOV>

Mar 23 at 6:40 PM

To: KevinK

The requirements for applying for a NH non resident permit was changed in July 2013. You must submit a copy of the permit from the state in which you reside. The only exception to this requirement is if you live in a state that does not have a permit requirement then you can get a letter from your local police department. We no longer accept non resident permits to meet this requirement.

My question to them:
    If an application is received from a Maryland resident with copies of a FLA and Utah permit and a letter stating the near impossibility of obtaining a Maryland permit, might the non-resident New Hampshire permit be issued?

Answer to this question is no. NJ is also in the same category as you are and we have to decline their applications also.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Diana

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I can't recall ever seeing anyone ever OC in PA. Is it really "generally accepted"?

I've been in Southern York County for almost 3 years now and have never seen anyone OC. And I've been looking.

May be different in other nearby areas, I just haven't seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom