• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Iv'e got a teenage son who is pretty respectful of my things but I think I was getting a bit paranoid that some of his friends may decide to go exploring when on day. Decided to get a small locking cabinet.

After unpacking everything I can't help but think my single AR-15 is feeling lonely in there.

fed356d35711f6f123cfaa07e98d94c6.jpg

Oh what to do.…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Where did you buy and how much if you don't mind? And what kind? Been looking for a small storage solution myself.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Where did you buy and how much if you don't mind? And what kind? Been looking for a small storage solution myself.

Amazon. Stack-on brand. They make several sizes with an optional keypad. But like others have posted I didn't like the Idea of having to rely on a battery to open the cabinet.

I'm sure there are better out there but this covers my needs and fit into my budget for now.

70f406e89a4b25f170f0e68415937777.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058DHZFM/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_TS6VxbS7RKGE2

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Very nice! I was definitely thinking more along the extreme budget options for now and I'm not sure five-hundo fits lol.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    In no time at all you'll wish you had bought a bigger one. I always recommend you buy one two sizes bigger than you think you need. I wish my bank account grew as quickly as my collection.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    I have a Stack-On that I got from Dick's years ago and do not regret going with it. It has a lot of configurations, but the only regret is that it needs a few more of them so I can get the packed safe more organized. I think I grabbed a 24 gun model for around the same price as the one you listed.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    In no time at all you'll wish you had bought a bigger one. I always recommend you buy one two sizes bigger than you think you need. I wish my bank account grew as quickly as my collection.

I have plans for an 300 B/O SBR, AR pistol, Nice Shotgun for trap shooting, Maybe a savage bolt action and a decent 9mm or 45 pistol. That should fit in there.

Dec 31, 2012

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    I'm impressed. The big box stores used to sell Stack-On cabinets that cost a little more than $100, & they were easily defeated with hand tools. Yours appears to be a real safe, & should discourage most burglars. Lagging it to the floor or wall might make it even more secure.

In any case, you want to put a can/bag of dessicant in it to prevent rust.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    How reliable are those combo locks since there's no key backup? Was it curbside delivery or in house?

The combo dial feels heavy. I tried to hold the handle and see if I could get the dial to catch on any if the cams while turning but it doesn't. There are two solid 1" bolts that lock the door.

It was a curbside delivery. I was prepared to have them leave it in my garage but I gave the guys bottles of water and offered them $20 to roll it down to my walk out basement door and they said sure no problem.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'm impressed. The big box stores used to sell Stack-On cabinets that cost a little more than $100, & they were easily defeated with hand tools. Yours appears to be a real safe, & should discourage most burglars. Lagging it to the floor or wall might make it even more secure.

In any case, you want to put a can/bag of dessicant in it to prevent rust.

It is made with two layers of steel. I'm not sure the gauge but it looks to be about 3/32" to 1/8 thick.

The hinges are solid and there are three 1" dia welded bars on the hinge side of the door that hook around door frame.

Once I can re-arrange my work room I'm going to bolt it to the floor and wall.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I got one from Walmart about 6 months ago $256.00 and had to drive to Towson to pick up. The damn car door would not close so I used some tie downs and went slow. Pulled out of the parking lot and right in front of a cop. I was waiting for lights to go on but thankfully they sped on past me. On 70 I stayed in the slow lane so if the safe ejected it would go in the shoulder. Yep on that day I felt like a redneck. Anyway it is a decent 14 gun safe. I got 11 rifles and 2 (soon 2b 3) hand guns. I have scopes on 3 of the rifles so this took up more room. But it is a decent safe to keep kids and most burgers out.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    We'll so it begins I was at walmart today buying some ammo and they were putting out new guns so i picked up a cheap semi auto 12ga. So the AR is no longer the sole occupant of my cheap safe.

7f05d9622cf40dd9cdbd74394e2e57f2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom