• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1168813

"During the recent (Feb 17-18) Tactical Response "Fighting Pistol" course near Sacramento, an instructor instructed the students to throw their pistols on the ground, then the instructor proceeded to stomp on the pistols to make some point along the lines of "these things aren't meant to be pretty, they're meant to be tools, so treat them as such" (quotes mine). He then threw his own pistol onto the ground and stomped on it--resulting in a round being fired parallel to the line of students, into a student's truck, with a possible ricochet towards who-knows-what."

:sad20:

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    Never had a problem or felt in danger training with them. That one instructor was either new or an outside assistant instructor. I trained with them in Hershey, PA April 2014. Honestly probably the most mature and responsible group of instructors. They treated everyone like adults and students reciprocated by being adults. Expect some serious learning that gets glossed over or missed in most other basic pistol classes.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I wouldn't let an instructor do that to my pistol, loaded or not. Dude's a poser.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I would throw my pistol to the ground only under the direct order of a police officer who was pointing his gun at me.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Let me remove my shemagh just long enough to say: We did that in Delta Seals all the time.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Maybe off topic but I was listening to Guntalk the other day and he said there were reports of instructors having students fire at other students down range so they know what it's like to be shot at. I said whaaaa. There's no mistake when bullets are whizzing past you. I was questioning the truth of this until this tread.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Maybe off topic but I was listening to Guntalk the other day and he said there were reports of instructors having students fire at other students down range so they know what it's like to be shot at. I said whaaaa. There's no mistake when bullets are whizzing past you. I was questioning the truth of this until this tread.

Pretty safe if behind a berm. I remember manually raising, lowering, and grading targets during live fire Basic Marksmenship Back on Sand Hill.

Later in my career I remember shoot houses with live fire and even shift and lift fire from crew served and bradleys.

Seems like a gimmick, but would probably be well received and if safely operated could generate confidence.

Standing in the open is asking for trouble and will eventually lead to injury or death. Not if, but when.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    So I just took my Glock after I unloaded it of course. And just comparing relative sizes, no part of my boot fits near the bang bang bits. The only way this could happen (that I could think of) is if a stick or some other debris got in the triggerguard, or the force of his boot dislodged the striker/sear combo.

Please note I think doing this is fvcking stupid. I'm just trying to imagine how it happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom