• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I would like to try it but I have back and shoulder injuries that I don't think would do so well with that type of training. Sticking to good old Gun Fu until things stop hurting so much. Maybe will drop by Owings Mills and see what it's all about. Thanks for the good info!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I don't think these conversations need to be had. You do what you have to do to ensure your own safety and worry about the ramifications afterward. If the amount of force you used is appropriate, and you and your family are safe, then you will still sleep well at night.

That said, anyone know of any Krav Maga schools near Harford County? I want my daughter to be proficient in something before she can date....

Owing Mills and Columbia are they only two sanctioned places in MD as far as I know. Might want to contact Mercop for some quick and easy training that might prove useful. He's in your neck ofnthe woods.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Owing Mills and Columbia are they only two sanctioned places in MD as far as I know. Might want to contact Mercop for some quick and easy training that might prove useful. He's in your neck ofnthe woods.

I've been wanting to get to some of his training. I'll get the whole family there. Thanks.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

My oldest son went to the Columbia location until he moved to PA. He spoke very highly of that group.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    My oldest son went to the Columbia location until he moved to PA. He spoke very highly of that group.

They are good people. I enjoyed it a lot....right up to the day I got hurt and had to quit.:lol2:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I've been wanting to get to some of his training. I'll get the whole family there. Thanks.

Owings Mills will work well for you guys.

Great group, but the crew at Columbia is better (I'm biased).

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    My daughter went to the Columbia location for three months (moved after that)....was a life changing event for her. Zero to 120 in feeling confident she could respond to a scary situation. Highly recommend this training. Be advised..there IS contact. :-)

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    I don't think these conversations need to be had. You do what you have to do to ensure your own safety and worry about the ramifications afterward. If the amount of force you used is appropriate, and you and your family are safe, then you will still sleep well at night.

you wouldn't be an expert, so there are no legal ramifications. you use enough force to repel the threat. if a guy comes at you with a gun, you use a Krav disarm, and he comes back at you after you've already taken his gun, you have to assume he's going to kill you if he gets that gun again, so you can shoot in self defense. they cover the legality of defending yourself in the beginning. as far as your hands/feet being considered a weapon though, no, unless you initiate an attack (which you wouldnt anyway, right?)

There is a seminar on October 20 here in Ocean City does anyone know what it would take to get certified teacher to teach a class closer to Salisbury Ocean city area. Who could I contact?

you would want to contact Jeff Mount, he's the big boss of KravMD. i'll message him and let him know to check this page out

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013

They have been threatening to open an Annapolis location for the past couple of years, but doesn't seem like anything has come of it. I liked the classes, but Columbia is too far.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    They have been threatening to open an Annapolis location for the past couple of years, but doesn't seem like anything has come of it. I liked the classes, but Columbia is too far.

There was a guy in south county that was doing the "Commando Krav Maga" whatever the hell that is, but it's not part of the "official" KM group.

mercop

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 7, 2008
    SW PA
    I have a close friend, his name is Rob. He has duel citizenship between here and Israel. He currently lives in Israel and lets just way he works for the government. About 8-10 years ago when Krav was getting big I asked him about it. He said "you mean the sh*t we export to the states". About 5 years ago a friend asked me to attend a training seminar at a Krav place. I cam onto the training floor wearing a blue gun in a holster and two training folders. Everything was very visibly identifiable as a trainer. They asked to take t off so I did SMH. Everyone I know how has done Krav and finds it useful was a bad a... before without it. Personally I believe it lacks a measured response for both those in custodial and non custodial environments. YMMV- George

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Okay, so, I'm bumping an old thread.

Over the last two years, I've eaten better, lived a far more active lifestyle, and have dropped 50 pounds. I still have goals to continue my maintenance of a healthy weight and getting physically stronger. I HATE "gym" life because I find it mostly like a chore. Don't get me wrong I have used and I still am incorporating "gym life" to get fit.

I have zero MA experience. I do not wish to compete. I admit, KM interests me because I have two goals: 1) active psychical fitness 2) starting from scratch to gain techniques for a crappy situation; oh and maybe a little competitive sparing for camaraderie.

I am in Harco and thus, would prefer to stay between Harco, Baltimore Co, or maybe even Cecil. I am not popping anything on google other than https://www.facebook.com/DelMarKravMaga/ Does anyone know anything about them?

(Alternative would be MMA / Muay Thai w/ Method MMA in Bel Air, which, does anyone know anything about them/their instructors?)

Thanks in advance.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Okay, so, I'm bumping an old thread.

Over the last two years, I've eaten better, lived a far more active lifestyle, and have dropped 50 pounds. I still have goals to continue my maintenance of a healthy weight and getting physically stronger. I HATE "gym" life because I find it mostly like a chore. Don't get me wrong I have used and I still am incorporating "gym life" to get fit.

I have zero MA experience. I do not wish to compete. I admit, KM interests me because I have two goals: 1) active psychical fitness 2) starting from scratch to gain techniques for a crappy situation; oh and maybe a little competitive sparing for camaraderie.

I am in Harco and thus, would prefer to stay between Harco, Baltimore Co, or maybe even Cecil. I am not popping anything on google other than https://www.facebook.com/DelMarKravMaga/ Does anyone know anything about them?

(Alternative would be MMA / Muay Thai w/ Method MMA in Bel Air, which, does anyone know anything about them/their instructors?)

Thanks in advance.

When my son was active with KM, he told me he had to go to Columbia. That was the only KM location in this area. Things may have changed since then. But make no mistake Krav Maga is not a martial art. It's a self defense combat technique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom