• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    Ok so i bought a "universal" supressor. A 30 cal. I bought it so i could use it on my 223 and my 7.62's Anyway both my AK's have a 14L threading for the flash hiders. I've taken them off. My supressor is threaded for 1/2 x 28.

Im good to go on my 223's but i cant seem to find an adapter for 14L (female) to 1/2" x 28 male.

Can anyone recommend?

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Ok so i bought a "universal" supressor. A 30 cal. I bought it so i could use it on my 223 and my 7.62's Anyway both my AK's have a 14L threading for the flash hiders. I've taken them off. My supressor is threaded for 1/2 x 28.

Im good to go on my 223's but i cant seem to find an adapter for 14L (female) to 1/2" x 28 male.

Can anyone recommend?
    Did you check Dead Air? Or maybe JMAC Customs.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Can anyone recommend?

Your 30 cal suppressor is threaded for 1/2 x 28? I thought the standard thread for a 30 cal suppressor was 5/8 x 24

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yikes. Do NOT run suppressors on AKs with foreign-made barrels without first checking bore-thread concentricity!!!

Griffin makes adapters, but you are asking for a baffle strike if you are not careful.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Help us out a little, because this question isn't as simple as you might think it is. What suppressor do you have?

Typically a .30 caliber suppressor with a direct thread mount will be threaded for 5/8x24, not 1/2x28.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    OP,

You are talking about a Quick Detachable (QD) suppressor, correct? And not about a suppressor that is threaded only for 1/2x28?

Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    The only option you have is to sell your AKs and replace them with more ARs :D

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Since the mounts screw into the can, I would call the company and ask if they have one or can make one. Or even a local smith....

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Help us out a little, because this question isn't as simple as you might think it is. What suppressor do you have?

Typically a .30 caliber suppressor with a direct thread mount will be threaded for 5/8x24, not 1/2x28.
    Glad you brought that up....now I'm confused by the OPs post!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

redeye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019

Can anyone recommend?

Have you ever heard a “suppressed” AK?

You know the only thing louder than the MASSIVE amount of noise coming from the gas vent ports on the piston tube?

The bitching and moaning from the owner of the suppressor with destroyed baffles because the AK muzzle threads are .065” nonconcentric, and now all the baffles are jagged ellipsoid holes, and the rounds are key-holing at 10 yards.

That’s louder than a suppressed AK :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom