• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Haven’t shot this for probably year and half until today. Forgot how easy and fast it shoots, how well it points and recovers for follow up shots, how accurate it is and how it feels like a big pistol but is slim and weighs little. Surprising Little recoil, almost on par with the G43. Outdoor range with no one there but me and the wife, she shooting a 365, but i only shot 100 rds.
    Was using an inexpensive amazon OWB kydex holster that hides the pistol decently under a shirt but is a tad tight even tho made for the 45.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I had a S&W 1911 SC scandium framed .45 that kicked like a mule. I wonder how this light thing kicks, by comparison?

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I had a S&W 1911 SC scandium framed .45 that kicked like a mule. I wonder how this light thing kicks, by comparison?

Never shot the scandium 1911, but the Sw shield 45 ( 230 gr fmj) is not less comfortable to shoot than a G43 (115/124 fmj) . And more comfortable than a G 33 and a 27 165/180 fmj). Sw did something right with this gun. Maybe a low bore axis, i don’t know.
    The perf center mods are ported. Mine is an early, non ported non pc model. I might drive to the range now.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I alternate between a shield 9 and 45 for edc most of the time. Seems like in comparison videos of carry guns, the Shield is not included. I really like the shields.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Came back from the range. 45, little more recoil. More blunt. 43, less recoil, but sharper. Maybe the excess pressure of 9 mm makes the 9 slide faster to battery? 45 a good pistol.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    45 is 21000 psi, 40 is 35000. I am not a scientist but would think that has an effect on the snappiness of the recoil. Have had a G27 since late 90s, and it snaps. But i bet you can get a sweet deal on a 40, and its the same size as the 9. The 45 is a slight bit bigger.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Took it out for a shoot yesterday and memories of why i had returned it to SW returned. Slide does not always lock back on empty mag. I tend to shoot these small guns touching the slide with support thumb so i discount the problem as self induced, but this one sometimes won’t lock back when i insert an empty and pull the slide back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom