Giggity! Cover your keyboard before you click!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Wonder how pricey the OP's loader is, it's big, and seems kinda slow, mostly built around the feature that you can dump rounds in the hopper, but then have to pull a handle 30 times. Would be much better if it just flipped/oriented 10 rounds at a time into a tray, then 1 pull puts 10 rounds into a mag. Have used most loaders, Oija board is fast, but have to place all the rounds, Maglula is easy but slow, Striplulas are awesome, small, and really fast, but suck with loose rounds, so probably doesn't save much time being you have to load stripper clips at home.. The Beta loader is one of the better designs, being small, compact, and works with loose rounds, but only does a few at a time. Best I have used is the ETS, can load from a box, or put loose rounds in a 50rd reloaders box, grab 10 at a time, slam them in, never have to touch the rounds, can do a mag faster than any other, compact, inexpensive, and can load several calibers. Only downside is it can jam a bit easier than some others, and the hard plastic will break/wear/crack faster than the FRN others use, and is 2 peices, so it's easier to loose the plunger.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Probably the wisest thing to do is own several different types of loader, and depending on how you recent ammo purchase is boxed, apply the appropriate loader to the task.

In my case, all my plinking ammo goes directly on to stripper clips. Doesn't bother me doing this. I have laid literally millions of square feet of flooring. Tedious is not a word in my vocabulary. The rest of my ammo, 5.56, 300BO, are hand loads and go into Berry boxes and are loaded one at a time into mags as I shoot them.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    With an electric motor operating an eccentric arm attached to the handle with a couple of micro switches to control the on off it might be helpful. Stick the empty mag in until it trips the on switch and when full it trips a second switch for off. Almost auto loading.

This is what I expected when I clicked the video.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    :D

th

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We have 9mm version preordered. Should have them sometime in Feb. Dump in 50 rounds no direction sorting. Works with a number of different manufacturers mags.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    One thing not mentioned, is the fact that this $400 monstrosity has a pic rail mount base for "convenience". Could stick it on a rail, use the loading handle as a VFG, hopefully it would move enough to load under recoil, that way you could load while you unload with yo loader on yo rifle
    1274386313_xzibit.jpg

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Meanwhile I'm over here in the 20th century with a spoon and a front sight tool wrapped in tissue paper in my grip. Sit down cross legged and use the front shelf of the lower to help feed the stripper clips. I can have a fully loaded mag in 7 seconds and less than $20.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Meanwhile I'm over here in the 20th century with a spoon and a front sight tool wrapped in tissue paper in my grip. Sit down cross legged and use the front shelf of the lower to help feed the stripper clips. I can have a fully loaded mag in 7 seconds and less than $20.

Every one of my ammo cans has a spoon in it just in case I don't happen to grab the can with the Beta feeder in it.

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    The review:
    $149 from Midway. Well built. I don't know what kind of abuse would have to be done to want the $400 metal model.
    No real assembly needed. Just two pins to connect the tray to the top, and a base. I did not mount the base, it stays put.
    It worked with magpul, mystery metal mags, a few no name off brand plastic mags, and a hex mag.
    It takes a light touch to use the magpump. The only complaint is a short learning curve, which is to LET GO on the up stroke. After depressing the lever, it has to travel back to the full up position.
    My opinion this is a great tool for loading mags at the home bench for range prep. One only has to touch a round once, transferring from the (reloaded) bin to the magpump tray. The rounds generally orient themselves, a few will need to be aligned. They can point in either direction, projectile to the front or back, it does not matter.
    Including loading the magdump tray, it takes less than a minute to charge a 30 round mag. With the tray already filled, it was less than 25 seconds to charge a 30 round mag, and that was with 3 or 4 strokes that did not load a round, as i did not lift off of the handle all the way.
    I don't load mags at the range, and don't have any opinion on how that would compare to other methods for reloading the same mag repetitively.
    It also shipped with a 'unloader', for whatever occasion one would need one.
    This product came to the market well done. If they make one in 7.62 x 51 I'll buy one of those, also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom