• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I am finally in the position to get started by buying a Dillon setup and the guy posted an awesome setup for sale and I thought about it. Then it went swoosh and is gone. My regret.

Now I have ordered a new setup

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Sometimes you just have to jump in with no time to think about it with stuff posted for sale here at times. I’ve done the same thing myself here a time or two.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I am finally in the position to get started by buying a Dillon setup and the guy posted an awesome setup for sale and I thought about it. Then it went swoosh and is gone. My regret.

Now I have ordered a new setup

How long ago was that? I might have been the one who snatched it up.
    Snooze ya lose :D

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    OK. I bought mine from a member here, but it was in the early fall.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The ONLY thing you should regret about buying a Dillon, is not buying one sooner.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Used Dillon at a good price, BUY IT.

If you change your mind, you can always sell it. And if you bought at a good enough price, you may even make a few bucks.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Saw a Dillon setup in the Pawnshop in White Plains. Figured I'd come back with cash in a few days. After all, who'd go into a pawn shop and buy one of those?
    My mistake.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    My father-in-law gave me a Dillon 550 about 10 years ago. Since it was free I wasn't going to complain. When we visited this past November (Florida) he gave me a Dillon 1050. My wife is there this week due to both parents having medical issues. She's bringing another 1050 home with her. (Hopefully it's his full 5.56 setup) :)

I really like Dillon presses. I really love free Dillon presses. I really really really love free Dillon 1050s.

I got lucky because I complained about missing a good deal on a 550... thankfully he had a couple 550s collecting dust after he bought the 1050s.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    My father-in-law gave me a Dillon 550 about 10 years ago. Since it was free I wasn't going to complain. When we visited this past November (Florida) he gave me a Dillon 1050. My wife is there this week due to both parents having medical issues. She's bringing another 1050 home with her. (Hopefully it's his full 5.56 setup) :)

I really like Dillon presses. I really love free Dillon presses. I really really really love free Dillon 1050s.

I got lucky because I complained about missing a good deal on a 550... thankfully he had a couple 550s collecting dust after he bought the 1050s.

dang great fil

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    dang great fil

He really is a great guy. He was an FFL for years and has one hell of a gun collection (makes my collection look small). He also had a brass/bullet/reloading company for quite a while. Now that he's in his 80s and only reloads for personal use he has been slowly giving me what he doesn't need. I'll never reload the quantity that he used to but it sure is nice having multiple presses setup so I don't have to change things to reload different calibers.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Is one set up for 9mm?

I have a BUNCH of 9mm military brass that I could use a 1050 to process (swaging primer pockets).

I would pay in brass.

Also have a bunch of 5.56 mil brass to process, but they are easier to handle, so 1050 not required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom