• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Not to pick nits, but those of us in this fight HAVE to get it right when we talk about such things. The constitution didn't GIVE us the right to self defense. The founders considered it a natural right, and knew perfectly well that people in power would (just as the British had done) use the excuse of the existence of government forces (the military, police, a militia - doesn't matter) as a reason to take away individual's means of self defense. So, the 2A is there to prevent the government from taking away a basic right that already exists.

When you fall into the trap of saying that rights come from the government, you're giving the nanny state types the leverage to say that what they give they can take away. That's not what the Bill of Rights does. It doesn't give you anything - it prevents the government from infringing on your natural rights.

Well, that's the theory, anyway. And it needs defending. How we talk about it here, in debates, on social media - it matters that we get it right.

Correct. The Bill of Rights was intended to be nothing more than the written guarantee that the government would not attempt to remove or infringe on the pre-existing rights. Even if 2A was removed from law, the right would continue to exist. All that would change would be the government's promise to recognize and respect the natural rights of the people.

RavensChick

Gun Loving Bitch
    If Toxic Masculinity is so toxic, how is it that American women outlive American men by 7-8 years on average.

Time to throw ”Toxic Feminist” into the conversation mix, don’t you agree Heather?

Humoring this completely outrageous BS, so if they are going to take guns away from law abiding WOMEN, how are we supposed to protect ourselves from "toxic masculinity"? Let me guess, pepper spray? A rape whistle? Peeing ourselves?

Uh, no thank you. These feminists give women a bad name.

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    "It’s also time we change the narrative on mass shooting gun violence from mental illness to toxic masculinity".....

.... "establish a commission.... so we have universally recognized language"....

...."and address root causes of toxic masculinity."

Sooo.... we need to come up w/ a new label? And then we need to create a commission to justify the new label? And then just start using the new label as if its already been decided? Makes total sense! I'm sure this "commission" won't be put together to justify an already decided conclusion.

And since they still haven't defined "Universal Background Checks" or "Universal Healthcare" I can't wait to see how long it takes for "universal language" to shake-out. Everything is so... "universal"!

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Someone needs to post a pic so that lady's ugly mug stops showing up in my feed.
    Buzz's girlfriend. Woof.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Yep... 2 for 2. Who knows?

I prefer to speak softly and carry a .50 cal. ;-)

First time I ever posted online back in 1997 I posted in all caps. It is how we have to write in the log books (then and now). I got flamed and never did that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom