• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I am waiting for my form 4 approval for my SBR. I officially purchased the Daniel Defense MK18 May 1, money order was cashed May 15, and it is now 12/9 and still waiting.
    Just some insight on the wait time for NFA approval. I must be a glutton for punishment cause i now want both a 300blk and 5.56 silencer or suppressor.

Oi, just do what some folks here did and buy an NFA item (silencer is cheapest) every month. After a while you'll be taking possession of something pretty frequently. :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Form 1 on a trust via SilencerShop (NOT EFORM):
    Sent: 9/17
    Cashed: 9/22
    Approved: 12/3
    In-Hand: 12/10

Believe me, no one is more surprised than me. That's, what, like 2.5-3 months door-to-door? Fastest I've ever heard of on a paper Form 1.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Wow, that's not bad. I know eForms have been rolling lately. SilencerShop did have an issue with their new e-Form 1 service where ATF rejected the first round of submissions because they wanted a box checked in a different manner, but for a paper e-Form that's awesome. Maybe with e-Forms running now they don't have as many new paper ones to deal with so they're catching up?

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    We’ll see how this goes...

Eform 1 Individual

Submitted: 11/29/18

I’m hoping if this goes through and that they can use this background check to approve my Form 4s from January that are stuck in FBI background check purgatory.

Eform 1 Individual

Submitted: 11/29/18

Approved 12/17/18

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Bought a Kel-Tec SU-16D9 with a bit of my bonus money this year. I know it's not a KAC gun, but it's the ultra-light (< 5lbs) shorty rifle my heart has always desired, and it was only $530 shipped (plus transfer fee, plus NFA tax theft), so it was about the same price as a PLR-16 anyways, plus I'll get warranty support with it. Probably will go with a FF3 as an optic since I have a spare ADM mount lying around.

Doing the math here, unless there's some kind of radical break-through in wait times, I expect to see it around August 2019 (1 month for the form 3, 7 months for the form 4).

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    2 form 1s submitted via eForms. (Trust)

Submitted: 12/02/18
    Fingerprints mailed: 12/04/18

Fingers crossed they accept my personally rolled fingerprints.

1 out of 2 approved. Stamp received today 12/17.

EDIT: 2 out of 2 approved.:party29:

cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016
    Me neither. I'm getting the itch back. Plus I have a couple friends who are ready to take the NFA plunge.

Me too. Just popped in and hearing about this eform stuff. What dat all about? What does it save in terms of effort (a.k.a. things to do) ?

(I see peeps still waiting upwards of 7 months doing them and then someone just said it could take two weeks???)

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    Me too. Just popped in and hearing about this eform stuff. What dat all about? What does it save in terms of effort (a.k.a. things to do) ?

(I see peeps still waiting upwards of 7 months doing them and then someone just said it could take two weeks???)

It doesn’t really save anything other than wait time. You still have to do everything you would for paper forms except actually filling out paperwork as it’s all online. The only thing you have to mail to the ATF is your fingerprint cards. You still have to mail your CLEO copy as normal.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Early Christmas present

Form 4 individual, but transferring to my 03FFL(C&R)
    Sent: ~4/10
    Cashed: 4/25
    Approved: 11/30
    F4 received: 12/21

ATF actually messed up and sent me the approved Form 4 with the original tax stamp. It should have gone to the transferor. He called ATF and confirmed. They told him that it was approved and that they had messed up sending it to the wrong address. I sent the seller a PDF of the approved F4 to print out for shipping. All good. My "new...old" toy will be delivered next week. :)

Dream

May 22, 2017
    Maryland
    I went through silencer shop. Made my purchase on 4/8/18, Form 4 (Single Shot): Tax Stamp Cashed on 5/16/2018. Was hoping to get some news by Christmas but nothing yet. I'm not sure if I should call the ATF yet or not.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I went through silencer shop. Made my purchase on 4/8/18, Form 4 (Single Shot): Tax Stamp Cashed on 5/16/2018. Was hoping to get some news by Christmas but nothing yet. I'm not sure if I should call the ATF yet or not.

They are not currently processing any forms during the shutdown.

Just received that info via email yesterday that they are running a limited staff.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    They are not currently processing any forms during the shutdown.

Just received that info via email yesterday that they are running a limited staff.

Great....This shutdown could be the mother of all shutdowns too. If they cannot compromise in the next few weeks it'll be after inauguration in 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom