• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbalog

Apr 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Does anyone know how the new CCP law will affect a current, valid, non-resident concealed carry permit?

gbalog

Apr 10, 2009
    Maryland
    I understand that after January 1, Virginia CCP will require "in-person" training before the permit is issued. My question is...What about non-resident permits that are currently valid.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    You can have a drivers license, government aid, vote, send kids to school?

WTH? You should have a gun too!:rolleyes:

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    I spoke with someone in Va. 2 days ago. I accidentally let my permit expire and have to start from scratch but was told to use my old CCW as proof of training. That was good. Don’t be like me and forget to do yours on time.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    I spoke with someone in Va. 2 days ago. I accidentally let my permit expire and have to start from scratch but was told to use my old CCW as proof of training. That was good. Don’t be like me and forget to do yours on time.

They don't send a reminder?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Virginia accepts a very wide plethora of " proof of competence " . This recent change seems narrowly targeted at the several outfits heavily advertising online offering " online only training " .

There is something to be said for the concept of having two widely accepted permits with staggered expiration , in case of brain fart to miss a renewal .

For my " second " permit I have NH . Same $ as Va , but the advantage is the very quick processing . Prior to current panic , they took single digit Days , including Express Mail up, and regular snail mail back . ( Yes , NH is accepted by Va , and most states east of Mississippi river that generally accept non- resident permits .)

samabbe

Oct 23, 2010
    Northern VA

Wife did the same so I called and verified it’s still treated as renewal even if expired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pp55ftw

Jan 8, 2019
    Not directly related to the original question but had a question about applying for a Nonresident permit. On the VSP website it says that for fingerprints to go to the VSP barracks or local law enforcement office. Most police departments are shut down/are not doing "non-essential" fingerprinting due to COVID...are there authorized private companies/3rd party that one can go to for fingerprinting that will be accepted?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom