Old April 13th, 2021, 10:29 AM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravitch View Post
I saw those same build kits, and knowing nothing really about them except the general concept of build kits it had me wondering what the draw is, as I can buy the real thing cheaper than the kit. Is it just having a gun off the books? Or is there some other build kit benefit I'm missing? I'm genuinely curious about the draw to them.
I really don't know what the draw is, to some I'm certain its the no background check. In fact a number of the guys I witnessed buying the kits didn't "appear" to be the type that spend a lot of time doing things legally, but I never paid much attention to them.
Now that they are on the endangered species list, I thought I would take a look before they are gone. I like building things, myself so there is some draw there.
IronDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2021, 10:42 AM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
When I was there Saturday, the usual ammo vendor guy was there as always. Younger guy with an older gent helping him... just to the right of the door in the main hall, took up an entire row of tables. Maybe he sold out and left early?

Same vendor that is usually set up outside the entrance doors at the Timonium and York shows, near where you pay the entrance fees.
You're right...that guy was there, but I'm thinking of the guys with thousands of rounds of ammo for sale. That guy had numerous calipers and several boxes of each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiStandards View Post
So they were flipping Wally World shells? Walmart still $22 a hundred for Winchester 20 ga last week.
Yup, and doubling or tripling their money.
Old April 13th, 2021, 10:44 AM #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuck View Post
I really don't know what the draw is, to some I'm certain its the no background check. In fact a number of the guys I witnessed buying the kits didn't "appear" to be the type that spend a lot of time doing things legally, but I never paid much attention to them.
Now that they are on the endangered species list, I thought I would take a look before they are gone. I like building things, myself so there is some draw there.
I definitely get the aspect of enjoying building things, I failed to consider that. It's like the 3d printing world, most seem to enjoy tinkering and mod'ing the 3d printers as much or even more as they enjoy 3d printing.
Ravitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Gun Shows