My Son calls this "The Commie Gun." (big pics...)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Superreverb

Aug 29, 2009
    Western HoCo
    A study in 1943 Tula SVT-40. I bought this monster back in 1999 or so, when I had my 03FFL. I had always wanted one and the price was right. As my interests changed and I started focusing on US military long-arms, the SVT got stuck in a box and hidden away. I, literally, forgot all about it until we moved in March of 2007. A nice surprise LOL. The bore is pretty shiny for an SVT. I might be tempted to take it out the range one day soon - I never even fired it after I bought it. :o

_MG_7204.jpg

_MG_7205.jpg

_MG_7206.jpg

_MG_7213.jpg

_MG_7208.jpg

_MG_7210.jpg

_MG_7207.jpg

_MG_7216.jpg

_MG_7215.jpg

Last edited:

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Very cool... I really want one, but prices have been absurd lately. If you want to unload it for a reasonable fee to a fellow FFL03 collector, let me know.

Mark

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    If i had been a soviet conscript soldier, i'd have wanted to be standing in line behind you.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Sweet svt, I've never seen one in person. If I ever found one @ a gun show I'd have to buy it. Thats the gun that I use in World @ War to slaughter the nazis.

I'd love to have one also. There were three at the Chantilly show last month, and I saw one at an earlier show... I think it was York?

All around $1100-1300. More than I can justify at the moment (or at least explain to you-know-who :rolleyes:)...

Superreverb

Aug 29, 2009
    Western HoCo
    I'd love to have one also. There were three at the Chantilly show last month, and I saw one at an earlier show... I think it was York?

All around $1100-1300. More than I can justify at the moment (or at least explain to you-know-who :rolleyes:)...

Did they actually sell, though? I quit going to gun shows years ago because of the prices. I finally broke down last year and went to the Frederick show. Just as I remembered.... Needless to say, I left with a couple of Springfield 03 parts that I wanted and an el-cheapo optic for my AR to use with my Ceiner kit.

I have more than an inkling what my SVT is worth, but it isn't that much...:innocent0

Superreverb

Aug 29, 2009
    Western HoCo
    Glad you guys enjoy seeing her. The gun is a pain to get in and out of the safe, so I don't handle it as much as my other guns. I figured it was time to let her have a little sunlight .

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I still can't see how a beauty like that was forgotten....kinda like putting Anna Kournikova in a closet and forgetting about her. :lol2:

That said, she's a real beauty!!!

Superreverb

Aug 29, 2009
    Western HoCo
    I still can't see how a beauty like that was forgotten....kinda like putting Anna Kournikova in a closet and forgetting about her. :lol2:

That said, she's a real beauty!!!

OMG!!!!!! - I forgot about Anna when we moved..... damn. Well, I hope the new owner of my old house is enjoying her ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom