• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Looking for a legitimate, insured, quality fence company that will take work in Cecil. Looking at about 250 feet of fencing that I need installed.

I have an old wooden fence that is falling apart and pretty rotted up. I plan to take most of it down myself and dispose myself.

I want to hire the company for post removal and to install a 3-4' black chain link fence just to set the boundary on my property.

Please let me know if you have good recommendations. Thanks everyone.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    There's C&C fencing out of Bel Air area but I hear they are a little high but get them to do an estimate. AJ Fencing (717) 442-7953 out of Lancaster Amish, they did my fencing years back fair priced. Your job may be a little small for them as they do a lot a field work but ask. Leave a message and they will get back to you since the phone is in the barn. As far as local no body that I have used. Chris

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Abby fence has done many fences for our families. I cant speak to warranty work, because we haven't needed any. Top quality jobs all of them.

FNG Andrew

Nov 9, 2010
    Harford County
    Check with Jaybeez on here and ask if he does them. He does great work at a great price.

We used Freedom Fence in the past and they were cheaper than C&C. They also came out to fix a few minors issues with no problem as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Good lord do not use Fence by Fenner in Havre De Grace. Long Fence is pretty good, but you are going to pay for thier work. There is also a fence company on Blueball Rd in Elkton I hear is ok, cannot remember the name.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Thought about just doing it all yourself?

Im in a unique situation, and every 6 months (sometimes more) need to repair 40'-70' of wood split rail, if it's winter time and frozen ground, I definitely like to get a person's car insurance info as long as it's not a hit and run.

40' of regular two rail split rail wood fence comes in near $1000 for a professional to Remove/Reinstall on all "estimates" I've dealt with over the years sending to other peoples insurance. $8 post/$8 rail, I'm usually under $100 out of pocket at Lowe's and about 20-30 minutes with my shovel, post hole digger and digging bar for all the people that hit and run.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012

Im in a unique situation, and every 6 months (sometimes more) need to repair 40'-70' of wood split rail, if it's winter time and frozen ground, I definitely like to get a person's car insurance info as long as it's not a hit and run.

40' of regular two rail split rail wood fence comes in near $1000 for a professional to Remove/Reinstall on all "estimates" I've dealt with over the years sending to other peoples insurance. $8 post/$8 rail, I'm usually under $100 out of pocket at Lowe's and about 20-30 minutes with my shovel, post hole digger and digging bar for all the people that hit and run.

So you just waste the fence companies time giving you estimates to turn into the insurance company knowing full well you are going to do the work yourself and pocket the difference?

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    So you just waste the fence companies time giving you estimates to turn into the insurance company knowing full well you are going to do the work yourself and pocket the difference?

The way I read his post is that he uses the pros when he gets the insurance information of the people that destroyed his fence, but does it himself when they flee the scene and leave him holding the bill.

I think I'd wait for the next person to mow down the fence and replace it with a line of hardwood trees.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County

I've thought of doing it myself, but not sure my back wants to cooperate. I know it's alot cheaper to do it yourself, but I think I'm going to go the lazy way on this one. ;)

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011

You read that wrong. I give the job to a local fence company if it's not a hit and run, and have the person's car insurance information.

I don't use a fence company if it's a hit/run.

I haven't found a reliable year round fence company yet, my job is a PITA to fit in, Its like begging to get an estimate and constantly hearing "next week" over and over.

The Havre De Grace company never showed up, C&C did a winter job for me then went a little static during a summer job as most recent.

I'll probably give Phelps Fence Company in Bel Air a ring next go around

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    You read that wrong. I give the job to a local fence company if it's not a hit and run, and have the person's car insurance information.

I don't use a fence company if it's a hit/run.

I haven't found a reliable year round fence company yet, my job is a PITA to fit in, Its like begging to get an estimate and constantly hearing "next week" over and over.

The Havre De Grace company never showed up, C&C did a winter job for me then went a little static during a summer job as most recent.

I'll probably give Phelps Fence Company in Bel Air a ring next go around

I had a hell of a time with the Havre De Grace company at work. They are horrible. Sad thing is, when they show up their work is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom