• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkdlmr

Feb 5, 2013
    I've read that there was supposed to be a new law in Maryland completely banning the ownership of magazines that can hold more than ten rounds. Did this pass?

Are there any other new laws I should be aware of? I believe that the 4th amendment violating one was passed with some modification?

Thanks!

-MK

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Nope, not yet. They're legal to own, but cannot be bought, sold or traded within the state. Perfectly legal to buy them elsewhere and bring them home.

Unless Jealous wins the election. Then, in a year, you can bet they'll be made illegal, along with a bunch of other stuff.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The emails that MDS sends out go to anyone who’s ever made an account. It’s engaging those who hadn’t been active in a long time.

Welcome them.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Nope, not yet. They're legal to own, but cannot be bought, sold or traded within the state. Perfectly legal to buy them elsewhere and bring them home.

Unless Jealous wins the election. Then, in a year, you can bet they'll be made illegal, along with a bunch of other stuff.

This will never happen. There are something like 75,000 “high-capacity” magazines in the state of Maryland and that number will surely climb. We’ll see how the bump stock ban litigation goes, but any constitutional legislation banning the possession of these magazines would have to provide for just compensation to persons who owned them prior to the effective date, and there ain’t no way that the state is going to shell out the millions of dollars that would be required to compensate owners.

And let’s be honest - Ben Jealous ain’t never going to beat Hogan.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    This will never happen. There are something like 75,000 “high-capacity” magazines in the state of Maryland and that number will surely climb. We’ll see how the bump stock ban litigation goes, but any constitutional legislation banning the possession of these magazines would have to provide for just compensation to persons who owned them prior to the effective date, and there ain’t no way that the state is going to shell out the millions of dollars that would be required to compensate owners.

Never underestimate the stupidity of Libtards in large numbers in the state house. They may try as a tactic to get support from the media and as many members of the public as they can to demonize gun owners. They can also use it as a throwaway bill to get some other kind of "compromise" gun control law passed.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

More specifically it died under withering direct assault during public testimony. Not from some email. Not from some phone call. It pays to show up in person! Only thing wrong with it dieing the way it did is that i hadnt got a chance to testify against this POS bill.

Welcome, "new" guy. Head over to the introductions forum and introduce yourself if you havent already, then do the things suggested.

Feel free to keep asking your questions. Lots of good info here.....

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I suppose it’s possible he created an account in 13. If he created it in 13 with a certain email, and tried to create an account with that same email today not remembering he created one in the past , would it prompt him to “change password” or something?

And let’s be honest - Ben Jealous ain’t never going to beat Hogan.

75,000? I must own about half...lol..I bet there are many more than that. .

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    The state has banned magazines of greater than 10 rounds. Fortunately, they have established a series of drop off points. The closest for the OP and many of you is located in my mailbox.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I don't believe for a second there is only 75K magazines holding more than 10 rounds. There are 22,000 members of MDS. Who thinks the average of that group is only has 3 magazines per owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom